Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blindfaith 2.Yet Another Winter Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body work is time consuming it’s all in the prep .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
      Body work is time consuming it’s all in the prep .
      Yep i'm starting to learn that, But not 3 months for a bumper he has already supposed to have done.Hes now known as wanker Dean at the moment in our house. But yes a hell of a lot of work. Thats why the panels are coming home for flatting.

Comment

• Interesting blue Si ' - Mollys choice?.... or part of a base camo scheme?

I was glad to hear from Sean (dog71) Friday, that his van has finally started to get paint. The Bodyshop excuses were running thin or out .... can't believe how... erm.... "patient" he's been....

Comment

• They were Indian blue Rob. The vented one is the one that was on Mols van when it arrived the left i picked up from the Black Country week a fore last.Mums Pug was away for over a year, havent said to dad but i dont think its a 4 grand job. Hes always done his own before but he wanted modern paint on it.He got it back the week before the bloke got shut down so a lucky escape me thinks.reading between the lines dads not that happy with it either but pleased to be able to build the little car up.

Comment

• Reckon we convert your old workshop into a temp spray booth Si, like rent a ramp but with colours plus a handful of T4 enthusiasts to get it done in a weekend?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              Reckon we convert your old workshop into a temp spray booth Si, like rent a ramp but with colours plus a handful of T4 enthusiasts to get it done in a weekend?
              Who’s up for doing mine then ?

Comment

Who’s up for doing mine then ?
                Thought you were getting your van covered in sheeps wool Kev? ;-)

Comment

Thought you were getting your van covered in sheeps wool Kev? ;-)
                  I’m not digging the look .

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• You'd prefer the tongue at the other end then Kev?

Comment

You'd prefer the tongue at the other end then Kev?
                      Haha .

Comment

• Right, what am i doing wrong? I've primed the wings but the paint seems textured, like stone chip but finer, if thats whats referred to as orange peel then i have more than on a 1970s Cortina. I'm using a Low Pressure Low Volume spray gun with the regulator set at 22psi as per recommendation i've dicked about with the spray pattern and pressure adjusters on the gun but neither have helped. Dull question but are you supposed to flat it down between coats, am i expecting too much to soon? Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4643.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	677.2 KB
ID:	327839Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4644.JPG
Views:	135
Size:	669.2 KB
ID:	327840Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4645.JPG
Views:	136
Size:	692.6 KB
ID:	327841

Comment

• Heres my crib sheet extract Si.
                          Kept in the shed.

Weather / Humidity?
                          Technique?
                          Correct thinners?
                          Gun Setup - Pressure / Nozzle?
                          Spraying at an angle, not perpendicular?
                          Excessive paint?

Comment

• I'm thinking technique and perhaps pressure.And perhaps too much paint too quickly. I've painted the chassis, both primer and colour same gun and settings and its come out really nice.Same for inside of cab and door steps.
                            Last edited by S49; 10 July 2021, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Primer needs to be flatted back so the finish isn’t important .

What is a crib sheet ?

Comment

Primer needs to be flatted back so the finish isn’t important .

What is a crib sheet ?
                                Right, thats good then as theres plenty to flat back. Do you put a number of coats of colour on then flat and polish?

Comment

Working...
                                X