Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blindfaith 2.Yet Another Winter Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post

Right, thats good then as theres plenty to flat back. Do you put a number of coats of colour on then flat and polish?
    A good heavy coat of primmer is enough ,then spray a guide coat ( light dusting ) of black paint with a rattle can solely so you can see where you’ve flatted and any imperfections will show up .

Comment

• Coming on a treat Si I couldn’t cope with more than one t4 the stress mine gives me.
      I should learn to leave things alone but where is the fun in that?

Comment

• Flatted the bonnet inside and out tonight. Just read page 2 of De Chav. I have 3 slight "depressions" in the bonnet i dig what Reg says about the bonnet being the first panel to catch the eye but on a wide panel like the bonnet i'm not confident i can fill them and it not show. Do i leave as is or risk making worse with filler? Pretty sure i can pick up a mint bonnet at a later date on me travels, will try and get some snaps in a light that shows tomorrow so maybe folk can air their veiws.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Flatted the bonnet inside and out tonight. Just read page 2 of De Chav. I have 3 slight "depressions" in the bonnet i dig what Reg says about the bonnet being the first panel to catch the eye but on a wide panel like the bonnet i'm not confident i can fill them and it not show. Do i leave as is or risk making worse with filler? Pretty sure i can pick up a mint bonnet at a later date on me travels, will try and get some snaps in a light that shows tomorrow so maybe folk can air their veiws.
          Have a go with the bonnet Si, its about the experience mate. I did mine 3-4 times and still think (actually I know) I can do better. I learned a lot. Theres simply nothing better than thinking I did that!

Picking up a mint bonnet is your fall back position.if after 30 attempts your not satisfied.

Challenge yourself.

Comment

• Have a go Si. Like you say the worse that can happen is that you get a better one at a later date anyway. It’s all good learning.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              Have a go with the bonnet Si, its about the experience mate. I did mine 3-4 times and still think (actually I know) I can do better. I learned a lot. Theres simply nothing better than thinking I did that!

Picking up a mint bonnet is your fall back position.if after 30 attempts your not satisfied.

Challenge yourself.
              How are you getting on with your painting ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

How are you getting on with your painting ?
                Nothing since last Summer Kev. Got some items lined up - homemade square side bars, another shortnose bonnet and a full longnose conversion. Other stuff taking priority though. Busy, busy, busy!

Comment

• I'll have your compressor and air tools if your not gonna use them lol

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Will see how it looks after another flat. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4652.JPG
Views:	131
Size:	658.1 KB
ID:	328096Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN4653.JPG
Views:	132
Size:	704.7 KB
ID:	328097

Comment

• Nice1 Si. Looks good from the pics on my teeny tiny screen. Are you pleased?

Comment

• I'll know once i've rubbed it down again.But so far so good.

Comment

• Why don’t you just prime the complete bonnet ?

Comment

• Trying to deal with the dings and stone chips first Kev.

Comment

• I primed the rear doors the other week, one pickled so redone yesterday.Its amazing how much you can get done when your supposed to be working. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4658.JPG Views:	0 Size:	686.1 KB ID:	328172
                              Last edited by S49; 16 July 2021, 09:05 PM.

Comment

• Primed the whole bonnet as per Kevs advice. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4654.JPG Views:	0 Size:	671.6 KB ID:	328174Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN4656.JPG Views:	0 Size:	678.5 KB ID:	328175
                                Last edited by S49; 16 July 2021, 08:52 PM. Reason: Should read whole not hole dont want a visit from the spelling nazi's

Comment

Working...
                                X