The Caveman Chronicles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

200 from 1 bar you say?

Right then so by my calculations *beep boop beep beep boop beep* at 1.5bar I should be running in the region of 375bhp at 500ft above sea level and with a strong tailwind.

Excellent! I’ll adjust my plan to suit 14psi accordingly.

Sent from a muppet
    #vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
      200 from 1 bar you say?

Right then so by my calculations *beep boop beep beep boop beep* at 1.5bar I should be running in the region of 375bhp at 500ft above sea level and with a strong tailwind.

Excellent! I’ll adjust my plan to suit 14psi accordingly.

Sent from a muppet
      It's a pressure RATIO Tommy which takes into account losses and gains, atmosphere etc. You can see from the compressor map that it can reach 200bhp with a 75% efficiency. Cannot find anything published on the 0.42A/R housing. Your yellow spring should cover it if I've understood the chart correctly.

Comment

It’s tricky to get my head around as I’ve spent so long with my current 2.4td set up and it’s characteristics and I can’t really go by that.

At 12psi it’s putting out some good torque and feels strong but the new engine is totally different in so many ways, different style of turbo, manifolds, bigger injectors and direct injection etc.

So if I use the “12psi” rule then the green spring wouldn’t keep the vanes closed and build boost to that figure but I just don’t think that’s going to be relevant to the mTdi as it’s going to flow and breathe so much better (hopefully). The springs are easy to swap out if needed.

I’ve ordered an adjustable BOV and pipe with greddy flange. I reckon the first line of overboost defence will be the fueling anyway but better safe than sorry.

Sent from a muppet
        #vanlife

Comment

I just need to cut off about 15mm from the wastegate rod and drill out the end as my VGT control lever shaft is bigger than the Mamba connector. Piece of piss.

Sent from a muppet
          #vanlife

Comment

Stop biting your nails!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by Fife t4 View Post
              Stop biting your nails!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s
              Hahahahah
              You've only just joined and you're criticising already.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Have you clocked the snail housing so its in roughly the right position for the IC pipework. The actuator looks too low and might foul the intake pipework?

Comment

Tommy can you post a link for the Mamba actuator please? Nice looking piece of kit. I bought one for the Greddy turbo and got 5 springs with a short bent arm for the larger housing mount.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Have you clocked the snail housing so its in roughly the right position for the IC pipework. The actuator looks too low and might foul the intake pipework?
                    I’ve only roughly put it all together and I need to come apart again as the turbine is tight one side of the housing. The vgt ring has only 3 mounting screws so it’s difficult to get right until I get the ex fanimold to mock it up and get it positioned.

Sent from a muppet
                    #vanlife

Comment

Tommy can you post a link for the Mamba actuator please? Nice looking piece of kit. I bought one for the Greddy turbo and got 5 springs with a short bent arm for the larger housing mount.
                      I paid £87 delivered.

https://shop.mambatek.com/Turbo-Adju...023-0160-1.htm

Sent from a muppet
                      #vanlife

Comment

Are you using/keeping all the rods? ;-)

Comment

Are you using/keeping all the rods? ;-)
                          Nope, I’ll only be using the smallest (130mm iirc).

Sent from a muppet
                          #vanlife

Comment

130mm is the shortest but you have three different end fittings too. Nice feature being able to modify the actuator quickly.

Comment

130mm is the shortest but you have three different end fittings too. Nice feature being able to modify the actuator quickly.
                              The end fittings all have the same hole size tho as far as I can see and my turbo cane lever is bigger so I just need to drill one out.

I’ll never need to fuck about with the rod length, just the spring maybe. Unless I introduce a boost controller........hmmmm

Sent from a muppet
                              #vanlife

Comment

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                                just the spring maybe. Unless I introduce a boost controller........hmmmm

You'll not touch the spring, and why would you add a boost controller - I take it this is still operating the vanes?

Comment

Working...
                                X