Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• arfur fox-acre
    replied
    Keep pushing hard Tommy, we have faith in you.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Right, so it runs and stays running now, I couldn’t speak to the ECU but now I’ve sorted that and have a couple faults. Spent the day sorting the bodge of an auto loom to work with all my manual and ancient 2.4d shit. Everything with the exception of the hazards works now and as it should. Pretty much 2 days solid chasing, cutting and soldering wires etc. Ballache but pretty much done now, enough to be able to use it again without any drama at all. Got an N75 issue but I may have plugged it into the wrong plug as there’s 2 identical connectors in the look for it so I’ll have to have a look at which wires it needs.

I think I might have to change the clutch master cylinder as mine is still the 2.4d one but I’ve got one here so I might just do it anyway.

Not sure if it’s an issue or not but the linkage is being a pain in the ass but it shouldn’t be. I’ll take a better look tomorrow after dealing with the clutch. The front panel is back on and wiring strewn across to where it needs to go and when the rad is on, I’ll take it for a drive to see what’s what and how the map behaves with the turbo. I know full well the map will need tweaking as the turbo is a bit of an unknown as it’s far bigger than normal and also with the modern billet compressor wheel that flows fuck knows what. We’ll see.

Immobiliser issue was sorted by Rob.

People keep telling me but now I feel it’s nearly there. Would love to be back in it on Monday but we’ll see.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    Best of British Builders today TP, now you've dumped the Frankenpump and "built" a new monster (does it have a generic name?), I hope it all falls into place for you. What a journey!

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

All it takes is one phone call / email to a very good machinist/ engineer and a drive shaft can be lengthened or shortened to Reg’s required length .

It won’t be the first drive shaft I’ve modified .

It’s the PCD and thread size of the bolt holes.

Plus we don’t know any good machinist/engineers. Anyone got any contacts?

Leave a comment:

• Fruitbat
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyP View Post

PAH! No chance, he’s buried in his own shit dealing with the green goddess! Think he’s ordered 37 driveshafts for it so far and counting. Non have fitted yet….

All it takes is one phone call / email to a very good machinist/ engineer and a drive shaft can be lengthened or shortened to Reg’s required length .

It won’t be the first drive shaft I’ve modified .

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Thats not a guru from Devon per chance?
    PAH! No chance, he’s buried in his own shit dealing with the green goddess! Think he’s ordered 37 driveshafts for it so far and counting. Non have fitted yet….

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    Thats not a guru from Devon per chance?

Leave a comment:

• S49
    replied
    You could get an imobilizer emulator, A live, an earth and an ok to run down the K wire(obd) 9 to 29.99 on the fleabay.

Leave a comment:

• Fruitbat
    replied
    Nice one TP

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    So today I had it running on an ECU for the first time! I had loads of wires to cut and resolver so I’ve had me head in the CE2 wiring diagrams today. Turns out my loom is from an auto. I won’t bore you with specifics as i’d rather lick an umbrella following an acid rainstorm or spend the rest of my days in a Turkish prison than relive it again.

So yes it runs, but for 2 seconds then dies. The ECU needs to be told not to listen to the immobiliser and not that many people do that near me.

Diagnostics, after much butchery, my fusebox now looks like an albatross nest and I can connect to the cluster but not the ECU. Got a k-line or canbus issue somewhere.

I also noticed the other day that my engine is on the piss. The drivers side mount (original from the 2.4) is longer than the new 02G gearbox end one. I’ve got a spare shorter one to fit so that’s on the list.

Thankfully my T4 ‘fwend’ Leighton Cooke has got access to a mapped and de-immobilised ECU that’s setup for Volvo injectors and increased boost so I’ll stick that on to get it going.

Not quite sure on how I’ve setup the N75 boost pipework though as my K16 has 2 ports like a Volvo turbo and not just the one like the little T4 k14 hairdryer. Anyone got any advice or tips?

I really need to go to work so I’ll get back on it on Saturday. Supposed to be having a T4 wiring ‘guru’ over to take a look at what I haven’t had time to do on Saturday so ill see how that goes.

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Changed the fuse box and that’s helped light some stuff up but still no ECU power. No glowplug light. The cluster is a non canbus type so I’ll change that tomorrow and the loom as the canbus has been cut off of mine.

Still see to have a lot of connections not plugged in, I know a lot are redundant for features I don’t have but not all of them

Leave a comment:

• frenchdna
    replied
    I read the updates Tommy and only wish I had the time to work more on mine.

Leave a comment:

• Fruitbat
    replied
    Originally posted by TommyP View Post
    For anyone that actually reads this, have you ever stopped and thought about what has gone so drastically wrong in your life to lead you to tolerate this drivel? What happened to you along the way? Speaks volumes about the person sitting and typing it all. We all need help, get out more and most definitely to get laid.

Yep , I can relate to this .......

Leave a comment:

• Activ8
    replied
    I only ever read your penning before Live At The Apollo , so the laughters never wasted , a sort of warm up act !

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Leave a comment:

• TommyP
    replied
    Today another short day. I torqued the driveshafts up, fitted the new linkage which was a slag as I didn’t have the right sized drill bit to do the short shift for the later type linkage so I used a small one to drill a hole to fit half of my old style ball type on one rod and the other is the later one. Not sure how many others are running a custom hybrid linkage but I’m certain it’ll make the van much faster. Happy about that. Connected it to the shifter turret and it’s a horrible gearshift. Partly because the box is dry after the rebuild, the clutch wasn’t bled so the was no way of disconnecting the engine from the box and finally I truly fucked up setting up the correct spacing for the linkage to work right but on a positive note, it can only get better when I add oil, bleed the clutch and set the shifter properly. It’ll be an easy win.

Started fitting the later vans coolant stuff which meant changing my flange (lol) and connecting the temp sensors.

Timing is set at 0.545. Will knock it up to .60 on the guide and tensioner tomorrow when it’s light as by the time I finished up this evening the drive was reminiscent of the black hole of Calcutta.

I’ve just got a few quick bits to finish off and then I can get the front end on and fill it with coolant and spend hours scratching my arse and sitting on my head working out why it won’t start.

For anyone that actually reads this, have you ever stopped and thought about what has gone so drastically wrong in your life to lead you to tolerate this drivel? What happened to you along the way? Speaks volumes about the person sitting and typing it all. We all need help, get out more and most definitely to get laid.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X