And so it begins........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    Just noticed that as you're a family of 3 (assumption based on your avatar pic) where's the baby going? Are there plans for a rear single seat or a cunning plan - using the sofa/bed crates and a tie-down strap?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
    Ha ha ha actually four mate!! See pics [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji51]. We’ve built in an area for the dog beds!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Just noticed that as you're a family of 3 (assumption based on your avatar pic) where's the baby going? Are there plans for a rear single seat or a cunning plan - using the sofa/bed crates and a tie-down strap?

I’ll be going 3 up in 2021 when the van is finished and I’ll be having a cab bed like so
      http://vw-beds.com/products/cab_bunk.html

Apparently go outdoors sell something similar for a fraction of the price , the length of the frame needs to be cut down to fit across the front of a T4 though , but that’s easy enough .

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
        I’ll be going 3 up in 2021 when the van is finished and I’ll be having a cab bed like so
        http://vw-beds.com/products/cab_bunk.html

Apparently go outdoors sell something similar for a fraction of the price , the length of the frame needs to be cut down to fit across the front of a T4 though , but that’s easy enough .
        Kev , I'm certain your not paying for one of those... surely not....

Comment

Your Right Rob , I’m not buying one , I’ll make / modify one , I was just using the link too show t7myp the type of cab bed I was on about ,you know me by now Rob , I like value for money , some say I’m a tight wad , well the guy in work does , but why pay over the odds for something when you don’t have too .
          If all goes well , I’ll have a nice cheap interior make over coming soon on my build thread .

Comment

Your Right Rob , I’m not buying one , I’ll make / modify one , I was just using the link too show t7myp the type of cab bed I was on about ,you know me by now Rob , I like value for money , some say I’m a tight wad , well the guy in work does , but why pay over the odds for something when you don’t have too .
            If all goes well , I’ll have a nice cheap interior make over coming soon on my build thread .
            Looking forward to it Kev...

Comment

Good shout I reckon. I’ve saved a fortune. Guess it depends on the look your after too but I’m happy with our ours is turning out

Comment

You don't have to spend a fortune. Mine is still under 200 euros, although not quite finished. Look at rickrhys, he has one of the nicest interiors and didn't spend much.
                Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                  You don't have to spend a fortune. Mine is still under 200 euros, although not quite finished. Look at rickrhys, he has one of the nicest interiors and didn't spend much.
                  Exactly bud. Just a bit of lateral thinking and it’s amazing what you can do! Far and away our biggest interior expense was the mattresses. 2nd the wood framework. Apart from that it’s just been bits and bobs. It’s taken far too long but we’ve slot going on work wise so I can be excused!!

Comment

• I've been blown away by the ingenuity and results. UpCycling , recycling & renovation are at the core of many of us owners and I suppose it's why we staunchly rally around the T4 as our chassis of choice?

Comment

• cool sausage dog as well. My mate has one that's 25 kilos called Bomber.

Click image for larger version

Name:	20180331_173645_resized.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	71.8 KB
ID:	264371
                      Last edited by arfur fox-acre; 25 July 2018, 10:17 AM.
                      Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

How much? Got ours for £40..

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
                          How much? Got ours for £40..

How much Tommo?
                          All these buys are eating into your wheel budget mate!

Comment

• Cheaper than making one to be honest mate. Wheels aren’t going to happen, happy (ish) to stick to my refurbed standard steelies now..

Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

I've been blown away by the ingenuity and results. UpCycling , recycling & renovation are at the core of many of us owners and I suppose it's why we staunchly rally around the T4 as our chassis of choice?

I’d absolutely agree with this mate. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed the lows and the highs. I think the older transporters just have the edge over the newer stuff. We have a 10 plate caddy at work which I love driving but it honestly doesn’t compare to the T4 on build quality. Looking forward to starting getting the lower half painted over winter

Comment

• Originally posted by tommo1366 View Post
                                Cheaper than making one to be honest mate. Wheels aren’t going to happen, happy (ish) to stick to my refurbed standard steelies now..

I reckon over winter I’m going banded steels. I like the Range Rover wheels but I think it needs something a touch more classic. There may be a fight with the wife tho!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X