No announcement yet.

I just bought myself a nice T4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi. Guys. For me it would have to go. I would replace the whole centre panel and fit a vw window

Good luck guys

Comment

Woah! That is one freaky ass window. I don’t know how I’d feel about that. Not sure whether I’d change the panel or set fire to the van.

Joking aside, the only thing that matters is how you feel about it and as Rob says, you could rock that look and embrace it. It’s nice to be different. Both of my vans are boring grot boxes that blend into the crowd so it’s good to see something that’s out of the ordinary.

If you do want to change it though it should be before you do anything with the interior for easier/safer welding etc. Any ideas on how has it been formed as the body lines are different to a standard van, is it a filler job? If so, it could potentially be much easier and only require the bottom bit welding in.

Sent from a muppet
      #vanlife

Comment

Hi Skiddy, I am on the East Coast in Lowestoft

Sent from my SM-A310F using Just T4s

Comment

It looks bad up close as the person who did it didn't do the best job of putting it in

Comment

Metal man. I have family in lowestoft. I am up there on 23rd. October in afternoon. Got things going on in the morning

Comment

Thanks Huskyman I don't know what I can do about that window as I can't do nothing to the interior until that window is sorted.I will need to get another window & a replacement panel so it could be as it was before the idiot got his hands on it who put that train window or whatever the hell it came from in it.

Comment

Huskyman I would need to get another panel for drivers side but looking at sliding door on passenger side how big of section I am going to need as I don't want to damage the green paint on the roof.

Comment

This is how it looks from the inside.It still has the shape at the top but the person has cut out the bottom to get the window to fit due to its shape

Comment

They have also welded a bar in below the window

Comment

Looks like all the inner structure has been butchered too.Has that van gone that S49 was getting cuts from?

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	2D8246E8-800F-4B0B-8256-83791ECDF94B.png
Views:	223
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	311924Or try and work with a sliding door.This ones in Sudbury not far from you.probably get it for £60.Its fucked at the bottom but you don’t need that bit.At least all the inner structures there.It is slightly different from the drivers side,but at least you can chop it up to see how it would be possible to go in.Plus,I find angle grinding very therapeutic.If you haven’t got one,buy one.

Comment

Hi. Metal man. Don't think it will be possible to use a sliding door as the profile will be different. I know a man that might have a van that you can get a panel from. That could be done without damage to roof paint

Comment

Originally posted by MetalMan View Post
                            Hi Skiddy, I am on the East Coast in Lowestoft

Uff thats about 180 miles

There's a good days work removing that carbunkle and preparing the panels

A day to prep the donor panel so it fits nice

A day to fit the new panel

A day to tidy up the inside and put some strength back in

I then normally double the time estimate

How much of it can you do yourself and have you got somewhere to do the job under cover

The hardest part of this job is preserving the green paint on the roof, I don't think its possible which might help the decision.

Comment

Who ever did that, should have his tools taken off. If he used any. They is a t4 breaker in Derby, he got lots of t4s

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                                Hi. Metal man. Don't think it will be possible to use a sliding door as the profile will be different. I know a man that might have a van that you can get a panel from. That could be done without damage to roof paint
                                Anything’s possible husky man.Look what the lunatic previous owner managed.

Comment

Working...
                                X