No announcement yet.

New member saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought you had to set the timing with the OBD-II on a Tdi? Get it close and then fine tune with vagcom or some other computer wizardry.

One of the many many reasons I like manual pump motors.

Brilliant looking van and great that it’s tested and runs now. What a success.

Reg or Activ will be along soon to actually help tho. Unlike me.

Sent from a muppet
    Last edited by TommyP; 5 June 2020, 07:52 PM.
    #vanlife

Comment

Worth checking codes. Could be air mass metre or new fangled fly by wire throttle thingy.

Comment

Was a fault for coolant sensor short to B+ , erased kept coming back so replaced and that's permanently gone, I've come this far so I will be back out there in the rain tomorrow morning, I never give up.

Comment

Pump timing done , old skool way, I was a whole tooth retarded, lol, my wife would definitely agree on that. Sounds good, going for a test drive soon.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

Well it runs great, starts within a second, no more smoke or cutting out , very happy now. Time to start on the interior.

Comment

Well done.

Comment

Originally posted by marcushamblin197 View Post
                Well it runs great, starts within a second, no more smoke or cutting out , very happy now. Time to start on the interior.

Keep the update coming.

Comment

Well done, thats one hurdle over come now for the next one! It will be worth it in the end and you will soon get to enjoy the fruits of your labour!
                  http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

So yesterday I changed the brake vacuum pump because I was losing servo action, mainly from starting off and if i used the brakes repeatedly, i pulled the brake servo hose off the servo and barely any suction on idle so i thought it must be the vacuum pump has a split in the diaphragm, but with a new pump its still the same so that must be the way these t4s are. Every vacuum pipe on the engine is new . Servo pipe is good so only leaves the servo and I'm now convinced there is air escaping from the pedal pushrod on braking. I have looked up the part number for the servo and am wondering if any diesel t4 servo would work. Or I can bite the bullet and get a new Ate unit for £170 .

Comment

Actually thinking about it, might be the one way valve in the servo pipe thinking I should get out there and check before I spend.

Comment

Working...
                      X