New member saying hello

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New member saying hello

Hello everyone, been a member to the forum for a few month's , just reading through and nowt to say till now. Just saying hello, just brought a 2003 2.5 tdi AJT engine 888 special this morning with a crank pulley bolt come loose from a guy who owned it for 10 year's. Looking forward to stripping it down and getting her running.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hello and welcome from Somerset

Sent from my JSN-L21 using Just T4s

Comment

Ah be ya and a warm welcome from the shire.Any advice just ask. Does it run? Has it worn the nose of the crank any bent valves??????We are all ears.What we can see of the van looks nice and straight.Start a build or engine thread so we can watch your progress.
      Last edited by S49; 1 February 2020, 03:41 PM.

Comment

Hello. Welcome. Start a build thread and we all love pictures.
        Van looks very clean.
        Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Hello and welcome

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

Hi and welcome, nice van

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

Hello welcome and enjoy!!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

Welcome matey

Comment

Welcome aboard.

Comment

welcome to the forum Marcus, there is a wealth of knowledge amongst the guys on here, just waiting to be tapped into!

Comment

Thank you everyone, just waiting for the temperature to warm up to get stripping. The guy I brought it from had owned it 10 years. So he knew the T4 weak points. I'm expecting the valve timing to be out and possibly a bent valve or two but obviously want to see state of crankshaft nose before I start the shopping list. I only paid £500 for it and it happened when he tried to start it up, he heard clang clang and never tried again, bodywork is great just a tiny bit around the fuel cap and nsf b pillar , the usual place. Nothing around the windscreen.

Comment

£500 is an absolute steal. Well done.

If it did it on start up - there may be minimal damage.

A t the worst buy a volvo motor, swap the T4 specific bits over and you'l have a van for less than a grand.

Comment

Hey hey, welcome. Yeah an absolute bargain at £500 haha.

Wish I'd paid that - I just paid full scene tax price and then had the crank pulley go

Comment

I was totally stung. I paid more than twice what mine is worth. Made the mistake of trusting a work colleague. Wish I had even the limited knowledge I now have about t4's when I bought it. Would have given it a wide berth and bought 1 I could actually use and not a tinwormery on wheels.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

I brought this van from a guy on Ebay, had a gut feeling it was going to be worth it , no mention of rust on any mot advisories. Rear end looks like new.

Comment

Working...
                              X