No announcement yet.

What Gearbox VR6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don’t care about being challenged. I don’t do stuff for any other reason than I want to.

If it wasn’t for the camper being an mTdi I would seriously be missing that setup. The camper is in a bit of a mechanical state with the gearbox and turbo yet it never EVER misses a beat. I’ve got everything here to ECU it, ECU’s, engine loom, throttle pedal and looms etc. but I just can’t ever see it happening. The simplicity is just exquisite.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
    #vanlife

Comment

Thats the other reason i'm thinking Corrado or Golf three 12 valve motor the later golf fours with have abs,clutch and brake pedal input and i dont need any of that ole bollocks.Debating now whether to assemble the parts piece meal with box of my choice as it could be as cost effective as finding a complete running car.

Comment

If i was into diesel i'd PD it as its no harder than a 1.8t but i just gotta be different/difficult aint I.

Comment

If I wanted to use a 24 valve out of say a golf four I'd have to have it at the same angle as the T4 auto. Don't think there would be room for it in more upright position due to the larger cylinder head. I did notice on Andreas that the air intake is in a different spot to the Corrado. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20220910_181331.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	717.2 KB
ID:	346302

Comment

U need one of the above gearbox, and better buying a galaxy ore something, so u get all the ecu and stuff, Sharan probably closest match

Comment

Hows about this gorgeous donor for your Doka Si?
              https://www.carandclassic.com/auctio...o-turbo-gZkown

Comment

Nope.wont meet 1996 built exhaust emissions. If the van was J reg be fine. Is that the five cylinder in line motor?

Comment

Yes, you sure?
                  Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  Nope.wont meet 1996 built exhaust emissions. If the van was J reg be fine. Is that the five cylinder in line motor?
                  https://garage.wiki/audi/100/c3-type.../emission.html
                  Last edited by Activ8; 23 September 2022, 12:37 PM.

Comment

It'll struggle to run set that weak, if it can get that weak without running out of adjustment. We sometimes had to add an additional air fleed to get some of the jettronic Volvo's to meet the none cat emissions when testing mixture came into the test in the 90s just to get em under 2 percent never mind 0.3 percent like the post August 1992 stuff.

Comment

Getting Molls 4motion up on stands by the side of the house, its in to change a leaking oil level sensor and fit the wings we had sprayed 12 months ago i've had a good look at the box and as Tommy reckoned the 4motion extension will do the job of the T4 driveshaft trumpet. But its got me thinking, it just sends drive to the rear where that Heldon think does the clever part. From what i've seen of the Syncro driveshaft trumpet that appears to do the same. So with a diff mounted between the rear wheels could i not create a four wheel drive vr6 of my own making? Fuck me i know how to dig myself a hole.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        Getting Molls 4motion up on stands by the side of the house, its in to change a leaking oil level sensor and fit the wings we had sprayed 12 months ago i've had a good look at the box and as Tommy reckoned the 4motion extension will do the job of the T4 driveshaft trumpet. But its got me thinking, it just sends drive to the rear where that Heldon think does the clever part. From what i've seen of the Syncro driveshaft trumpet that appears to do the same. So with a diff mounted between the rear wheels could i not create a four wheel drive vr6 of my own making? Fuck me i know how to dig myself a hole.
                        Yes you could. The 4mo/syncro box add on is constant power and the rear end does the work. I imagine you’d need to change a lot to make it work as you often see the syncros having different parts.

Just scrap the idea, stick a big ol’ diesel in it and force feed it fuckloads or fuel and air. You’ll never look back. Twice the torque, more horsepower than you’ll ever reasonably get from the VR and double the smiles per gallon.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                        #vanlife

Comment

I was looking at this a few months back out of curiosity as I have a 225 TT box in the garage. Oddly the TT 4mo diff shares parts with the 02D ie The T4 Syncro AWD box.

It was just a scan of the parts shared but it does get you thinking that there's a lot of cross over and sharing.

I was looking at the 02B trumpet as it's a very similar shaping to the 02M 4mo diff face. I wonder .....

Comment

Working...
                          X