No announcement yet.

What Gearbox VR6?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Didn't someone else air a midengined pick up idea?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
      Didn't someone else air a midengined pick up idea?
      Possibly, so that’s 2 fools here.

You’re already on the right tracks Si.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

Pahahahahaha, "2 fools" states the er..mTDI Oracle! I'd make it 3, .... pauses.... or 3 and a bit if you include your hair bun TP!

Anyway, why foolish? If anyone could do it, Si could! Got space and tooling made for sticking bits on. An open chassis'd DOKA would make an ideal candidate and use up some of that "rear space" often utilised for "The Borrowers" less skilled cousins equivalent with IKEA furnishings, drapes, netts and utensil drawers.

Midengined wouldn't stop you "Scene Snobs" from hanging your lei flower wreath before it, or to rant on asserting it would of been better with an ABL!

Last edited by Activ8; 30 August 2022, 05:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Anyway, why foolish? If anyone could do it, Si could! Got space and tooling made for sticking bits on. An open chassis'd DOKA would make an ideal candidate .
          And I miss Si's 'Weld of the Week' instalments

Last edited by Activ8; 30 August 2022, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Weld of the week will return, have no fear.

Comment

Pahahahahaha, "2 fools" states the er..mTDI Oracle! I'd make it 3, .... pauses.... or 3 and a bit if you include your hair bun TP!

Anyway, why foolish? If anyone could do it, Si could! Got space and tooling made for sticking bits on. An open chassis'd DOKA would make an ideal candidate and use up some of that "rear space" often utilised for "The Borrowers" less skilled cousins equivalent with IKEA furnishings, drapes, netts and utensil drawers.

Midengined wouldn't stop you "Scene Snobs" from hanging your lei flower wreath before it, our to rant on asserting it would of been better with an ABL!

What’s the point? Bad wet traction, fuck knows what sort of handling and a headache doing it. There’s a perfectly good engine bay at the front that can’t be used for practical living space so it just seems useless to me for a campervan.

#vanlife

Comment

What's the point? What's the point!
                From the man who wants to tune a brick!
                .... but therein lies the point, the challenge to overcome, adapt, de-and remanufacture a brands budgeted and marketed presence for a one-off, a special, a version of dreams - its man's desire to add an inch or three so you can piss further or at least be seen to be able to, next to your fellow enthusiast.

Nothing wrong with bad wet traction either. It can be very pleasurable and add to the exhilaration.
                Last edited by Activ8; 30 August 2022, 03:30 PM.

Comment

Polar opposite veiws in two posts and I sort of agree with both.

Comment

Originally posted by huskyman View Post
                    Si. You must have too much time and money on your hands
                    Thats just it i dont, its always a budget build with me.

Comment

They fit directly

Comment

Thanks Andreas, your half way to a manual swap having a pedal box left over once you've done the 2.4 2.5tdi swap

Comment

No, on is cable, the other is fly by wire

Comment

I mean you''ll have a spare clutch pedal assembly from the 2.4 that you can use to convert the V6 to manual mate.

Comment

What's the point? What's the point!
                              From the man who wants to tune a brick!
                              .... but therein lies the point, the challenge to overcome, adapt, de-and remanufacture a brands budgeted and marketed presence for a one-off, a special, a version of dreams - its man's desire to add an inch or three so you can piss further or at least be seen to be able to, next to your fellow enthusiast.

Nothing wrong with bad wet traction either. It can be very pleasurable and add to the exhilaration.
                              Tuning a brick with monster torque from a big turbo’d diesel is a tad different to a VR6 and I don’t think that kind of power is what Si’s after anyway. You’re getting excited again, remember your breathing techniques.

“One off version of dreams”? I dunno what you’re smoking you crackhead but Arf wants some of it.

There’s everything wrong with bad traction in any vehicle never mind a camper which is highly likely to be used on grass and fields……

#vanlife

Comment

There you go again, the bun on your head doing the thinking and writing!

I genuinely thought you enjoyed being challenged? It's your medication hallucinating about the power, my meagre measures wouldn't interest Arf. I was just suggesting a mid-engined or longitudinal drivetrain'd doka donor.

Plenty of RWD vehicles manage on fields and those slippery things called roads. Traction will be their last consideration , especially if Si and Molly use it for fly tipping and the odd tarmacadam job.

Comment

Working...
                                X