No announcement yet.

98 Velle ACV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea, my carpet fitting skills are next to none, just like my reversing skills

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Just T4s

Comment

Just bridge the pipes for now, so it's safe to drive, and u don't gas yourself ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
        Just bridge the pipes for now, so it's safe to drive, and u don't gas yourself ;-)

Excuse my ignorance but which pipes do I bridge and does that mean there will be no heat whatsoever in the mean time ?
        thanks

Comment

What are you being "gassed" with? Water vapour / coolant?

Comment

Them 2. Nothing wrong with not knowing

Comment

Ah Hans , you legend. What with investigating the Ecu rework spliced a post 1998-99(NEWER ACV) engine gearbox plant into my 1998 ACV ECU. Removing cluster, freeing up steering by greasing bearings and knocking the coned washer down. I've put the matrix to back of head, the mist still comes when acceleratng up hard (even with the heat off). Was thinking about trying to seal it with iquid sealer without havig to take the dash apart. Sigh...

Cheers for reply

Comment

Dont put a rad weld type thing in the system. By pass the matrix to prove you have a problem there then if it is leaking you can replace when it gets too cold to use without the heater.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                  Dont put a rad weld type thing in the system. By pass the matrix to prove you have a problem there then if it is leaking you can replace when it gets too cold to use without the heater.
                  Si, if I bypass will the rear heater still work? It's a 98 velle. With these heater controls, and will the water carry on cooling the engine
                  You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
                  Last edited by Marx; 7 September 2021, 02:48 PM. Reason: Add more info

Comment

I dont know much about the velles, the fan will still work but i suspect you'll just get cold air.Sorry, i keep meaning to but i havent as yet had a nose round the inside of a velle.

Comment

The rear heater still works. Different circuit. Ones u figured out why it doesn't work

Comment

Ps.
                        The rear heater on mine only works with engine at temperature. U may wait a bit longer. I think it's connected to the big coolant circuit, only heat with the thermostat open, if that makes sense?

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          I dont know much about the velles, the fan will still work but i suspect you'll just get cold air.Sorry, i keep meaning to but i havent as yet had a nose round the inside of a velle.
                          Happy days, if the rear heater works and the water still will circulate to cool the engine, that's my next job tommorow. Many thanks for getting back Si. Appreciate your time. This velle is good, body work wise, only a few bits of rust in the usual places at the roller door sill. Because it's the older ECU and it's been spliced to accept the newer ACV 4 months later I'm still familiarising myself with everything. Engine pulls really well, but at the top end, no sporty lift down low, cruises at 80 easily. Can hardly get access to the gear linkage bushes because of the extra pipework for the rear heater and AC,they badly need replaced, so far got under and replaced the bushes at the base of the gear stick and the relay lever, should have shortened the shift while there but couldn't find the 14mm so bit. Anyhow.. I'm going to join the in and out pipes in the engine and hope for the best
                          Last edited by Marx; 7 September 2021, 06:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
                            Ps.
                            The rear heater on mine only works with engine at temperature. U may wait a bit longer. I think it's connected to the big coolant circuit, only heat with the thermostat open, if that makes sense?

Thankyou yes that makes sense, going to join the pipes tomorrow will let you know how it goes. Appreciate your getting back and reply. Its great to be in a forum dedicated to models that only go up to 2003 :-)

Comment

Marx.... none of this is rocket science bud, let me know if I can help.

Comment

And I thought I am above average ;-)

Comment

Working...
                                X