98 Velle ACV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 98 Velle ACV

Hi folks, have a decent 98 long nose caravelle 2.5 ACV, it's had another ACV engine and gear box fitted from a 02 ACV with only 83k USING THE ORIGINAL ECU. The AlternatoR needed REPLACED when I first got it, after replacing the Alt. The rev counter stopped working, I can't find the reason, I've traced the blue and red wires blue goes to the starter, the red Ts off in that plug. Any ideas?
    also there's a fine mist blowing onto the windscreen is more noticeable when I accelerate hard and it appears when the heater fan is off. The rear heater isn't heating the rear blows cold. Always a joy..

Are u loosing coolant? Sounds like the heater matrix is leaking

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Just T4s

Comment

Hi Hans I was afraid of that as I've heard I it is a complete ball ache to swap out.
      I've been grasping at straws and thought it might be blocked drains from the AC. Can't find any drain holes at all.
      cheers for the reply

Comment

I don't think the ac and heater are connected. When u said only cold air on the back, do u mean the heater on the floor or the cold air on the roof?
        Do u got climatronic?

Comment

Rev counter is probably driven from the ecu not the altenator on the tdi

Comment

Originally posted by d-9 View Post
            Rev counter is probably driven from the ecu not the altenator on the tdi
            Exactly right. You canā€™t buy an expensive Tdi instrument cluster and hope itā€™ll work on the superior non-ECU engines. Ask me how I knowā€¦..

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
            #vanlife

Comment

Marx, Iā€™m not sure about the matrix itself but Iā€™ve done a few on other motors and itā€™s usually a dash out job. Itā€™s then often a doddle. Itā€™s. Piece of piss to get the dash out on a T4. My other half took the dash out single handedly at the weekend in about 50 minutes to paint it and insulate behind it and the cab floor. He works in an office job with virtually fuck all experience on the tools. If he can do it then any fucker can.

Fuses for the Rev counter?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              #vanlife

Comment

Thanks folks, Tommyp the original cluster with rev counter is still in the van, it was working before my mechanic changed the alternator apparently same alt. With new brushes and voltage reg. which is why I can't understand why its not working now. Its a 2002 ACV ENGINE in a 1998 Long nose caravelle the original engine was also ACV but obviously the earlier ACV with no anti shudder valve, (because I've found the valve pipe entry on the EGR) but nowhere to link it to).
                not looking forward to dash out experience but the mist is starting to irritate my throat that sickly sweet smell isn't so sweet anymore.
                anyone find the throttle response on these very slow ie the throttle seems spongey and while accelerating up to speed you can bounce the right foot. Would like a remap but this is the older ECU with the boost pipe into it.
                cheers
                I will check the fuses see if there is 1 specific to rev counter cheers

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
                  I don't think the ac and heater are connected. When u said only cold air on the back, do u mean the heater on the floor or the cold air on the roof?
                  Do u got climatronic?

Hans the heater on the floor isn't heating up..the roof vents are good and blowing cold as they should.

Comment

Hi Marx. U can take the 2 pipes of from your heater matrix unter the bonnet and connect them with a suitable pipe. That sorts your matrix out temporary. If the foor heater don't work, it's probably blocked . Try coolant cleaner, if it dont work u have to take pipes off and try to clean it with the compressor back to front

Comment

Do the pipe get warm on the heater unter the van?

Comment

As Tommy said. It's easy enough. U can leave the wheel in. The dash just fits through , but it was a day job for me ;-(

Comment

Oooooo that's not a job I look forward to. Dashout..

I'm going to check the heater under the floor and try to determine why the under floor heater isn't blowing out hot air.
                          Also I'm now looking for coolant cleaner.

Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
                            As Tommy said. It's easy enough. U can leave the wheel in. The dash just fits through , but it was a day job for me ;-(

Thought your day job was nailing carpet down.

When my matrix went i had a fine mist coming in the cab from centre vents. Also an acv.
                            Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Thought your day job was nailing carpet down.

When my matrix went i had a fine mist coming in the cab from centre vents. Also an acv.
                              Hi my mist is coming through left hand side vents

Comment

Working...
                              X