Doka Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Are the pads and discs the same on the 19td and 2.4s?
    Looking at T4 late 1996 model builds there's three front calipers. No difference in 1.9td or 2.4d stated.

Solid
    Vented Lucas framed calliper
    Vented ATE floating calliper

The discs are identical for both the Lucas and ATE brake sets but pads are different, which is understandable.

https://volkswagen.7zap.com/en/rdw/t...tr/1996-179/6/

Comment

• Sorry I meant the rears Rob.

Comment

Sorry I meant the rears Rob.
        Then they're identical Si.

Comment

• I'm still going for a flatbed with drop sides but have been pondering a caravan body i could back under and then bolt down for nights away a bit like how farmers do to turn a lorry into a stock wagon.I'd have practical living space and score all the cool points when just used as me car.

Comment

• As a bare exposed unit they simply look "unfulfilled".

This is unloved too, as it's a Merc, but according to the owner has similar plans for a glamping styled pod on the rear.
            Last edited by Activ8; 14 August 2022, 08:52 AM.

Comment

I'm still going for a flatbed with drop sides but have been pondering a caravan body i could back under and then bolt down for nights away a bit like how farmers do to turn a lorry into a stock wagon.I'd have practical living space and score all the cool points when just used as me car.
              In the haulage industry this was commonly called a "demount system" Si.

You could have a series of different lifestyle pods, but it would be rather capital intensive, as well as requiring a large yard.

Comment

• Is there a unique v5 classification for a demounted vehicle / van chassis?

Comment

Working...
                X