No announcement yet.

Doka Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The twat look one would maybe be ok for spares. And sell all the junk off it to the rust sheep. The white one has promise.

Comment

• Not doka especially but the silly oil cooler on the 1.9td and for that matter on the 1.8 petrol 20 valve turbo. Can you remove the cooler and spin the filter directly onto the housing? The cooling from the things must be pretty poor and the things always seem to seep oil so i thought bin the fucker.

Comment

• Cant think why you couldn't, obviously need a bridge for the coolant hoses.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Si. Just need to join the hoses together as Marcus said

Comment

• Might omitting a cooler over pressure the block?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              Might omitting a cooler over pressure the block?

No, done it loads a times on the Volvo version.2.3 petrol turbo.

Comment

• I suppose it depends on whether you’re running T4 power or useable ‘at least keep up with modern traffic’ power. Some fit upgraded oil coolers so I wouldn’t ever delete one. If the 1.8t one is anything like as accessible as the 1.9 one then you’ve got nothing to complain about. Wait until you have to change one on a 5 pot unless you’ve done one already. They’re a bastard.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                #vanlife

Comment

• I would of thought running without an oil cooler would add additional wear at cold temps, midrange to decondensate moisture in the block and the same at high temps to reduce the oil igniting circa 200°C and definitely reduce wear and tear once the engine is switched off and the auxiliary is engaged. Could it be a reason for the longevity of the VAG 1.9's perhaps?

Comment

• Thing is Rob its not a proper oil cooler more a half way house. The same unit was dogged with problems on the Volvo 2.0 and 2,3 petrol turbos. Eventually done away with from factory and it didnt stop those motors tugging fat Lovejoys around grossly overloaded for 3 or 400,000 mile or more. Their crap and will be binned if i can. I may fit a real oil cooler to the 1.8 but we'll see.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Thing is Rob its not a proper oil cooler more a half way house. The same unit was dogged with problems on the Volvo 2.0 and 2,3 petrol turbos. Eventually done away with from factory and it didnt stop those motors tugging fat Lovejoys around grossly overloaded for 3 or 400,000 mile or more. Their crap and will be binned if i can. I may fit a real oil cooler to the 1.8 but we'll see.
                      Isn't an oil to water type better than an oil to air if that's what you mean by proper. I just had a look on eBay and there may be later VAG TDI or after market designs that might be an improvement?

Comment

• Dig want your saying Rob but the motor sport and rally boys never fit the oil emulsafier type but swear by the oil to air coolers. Perhaps i'm clouded by my previous Volvo experience.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          Dig want your saying Rob but the motor sport and rally boys never fit the oil emulsafier type but swear by the oil to air coolers. Perhaps i'm clouded by my previous Volvo experience.
                          I think it's good to try it and it's an interesting idea. Brilliant suggestion and appreciate the posts tbh.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            I think it's good to try it and it's an interesting idea. Brilliant suggestion and appreciate the posts tbh.

Thats what its all about on here i dont always agree with others folk views but it gets me thinking and i love the banter.

Comment

• Anyone ever used those alloy coolant flanges?

Comment

• I used a set of Chinese ones on my TT, all good, haven't broke so far...
                                Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                Anyone ever used those alloy coolant flanges?
                                Sent from my moto g(8) power lite using Just T4s

'00 1.9TDI LWB, '87 Mk2 Golf 16v

Wheel or tyre question? Just ask, it's what i do!

Comment

Working...
                                X