No announcement yet.

Dont Forget To Keep The Van Maintained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

On my way to Clows Top post office this mornin g the pedal on the golf went to the floor again much to Mollys annoyance. Here we go I thought..."didn't you fix this once?".Rather than a fluid problem this time the little cage that holds the plastic square on the cylinder rod had broken. Pedal off and weld up, but boy what a pain to refit. Theres a return spring between the pedal and pedal box, got the pedal in then had to compress spring and squeeze in. Too hot this morning for that sort of thing but all done now. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3597.JPG
Views:	195
Size:	919.8 KB
ID:	297718Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3598.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	928.0 KB
ID:	297719

Comment

Perhaps the people in my street should be reading some of the stuff on here. 2 cars yesterday with bonnets up and battery chargers on. As Nelson Munce would say............HA HA

Comment

Ran the farter in laws car around the other day and the battery was flat in that,,, shitroen berlingo very low mileage 04 plate (probably only does 100 miles a year these days, owned from new by home although you would think it had been a bumper car!!!!) Engine warning light on! Indicator lamp out, and 4 odd tyres on it!!!
        1 of which was on the car when he bought it!!!!!!! 1 of which was a 2010 tyre!!!!!! And the others 2014!!!!!!! All reasonable tread the 03 tyre!!!! Was more crack than tyre the 10 tyre was a little cracked and the other 2 looked ok but.....
        I asked how the hell it passes mots he said that the tester knows am what he is doing.. ....
        I recon he takes the cash picks the car up and returns the car......

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

When ever I do a service, my own or when I did clients I always removed brake pads,wire brushed, pistons pushed or screwed back then copper slipped and refitted.If you just do a Dealer or Kwick Fit service and check by eye you can come unstuck, literally! Even more important on low mileage stuff that's often stood.Moisture can get under the friction material cause rust, that expands and your pad falls apart, not much fun when they come apart on the road. Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3723.JPG Views:	0 Size:	791.4 KB ID:	301488Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3724.JPG Views:	0 Size:	774.8 KB ID:	301489Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3725.JPG Views:	0 Size:	768.2 KB ID:	301490Click image for larger version  Name:	DSCN3726.JPG Views:	0 Size:	669.4 KB ID:	301491

Comment

Don't forget to.....regularly clean out the drain holes front and back in your front doors, must have got half a gallon out of Mols front right today. Panel will have to come off for some cavity wax.

Comment

Don't forget to............started as a bit of a lockdown thread but i'll try and keep adding maintenance tips as I think of them, hopefully save folk some garage costs.

Comment

I Don't think this tip has been mentioned yet,,, but the best maintenance you can have for any vehicle is to use it. They hate being stood around, even if it's out once or twice a week trip them around and hey them warm.
                I have found I have a lot more issues with my scimitar since she isn't my dailey

Comment

Sticking a bottle of "snake oil" in the fuel tank if the fuel has been left for long periods. It'll kill off the munching microbes, remove moisture and add some much needed additional cetane (for diesels) into the fuel. Add 10L of new clean fuel if the tank is low will have the same effect. Plan a filter service after a couple of shake down runs.

Comment

Boat engines have fuel additives for then they are in storage, they also have "fog" that applies a layer of waxy oil to the innards of the engine to resist seizing up. It burns off when you fire the engine up (a little smoky but..
                    Glad I did mine this year cos it's been in a shed since november!!!!

Comment

Boat engines you say...... hmmmm

Comment

Yea, I have a 9.9 hp johnson and a 5hp ailsa craig (the 5hp is a holiday project for the boy and was £15!!)

Comment

Working...
                        X