Dont Forget To Keep The Van Maintained

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont Forget To Keep The Van Maintained

Got to thinking on the way back from my walk this morning there are a lot of vehicles that haven't turned a wheel in a week or two. S49 has all the levels at max and after checking the battery charge I have removed the negative lead.If you do nothing else check your oil and run the motor every couple a days. If its your only vehicle you don't want it to fail in an emergency.

Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Got to thinking on the way back from my walk this morning there are a lot of vehicles that haven't turned a wheel in a week or two. S49 has all the levels at max and after checking the battery charge I have removed the negative lead.If you do nothing else check your oil and run the motor every couple a days. If its your only vehicle you don't want it to fail in an emergency.
    And remember to go easy on the brakes till the rust wears off

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

It's worth checking tyre pressures before leaving them parked up too.

And don't forget to Sorn any vehicles you arent using.

Comment

Sorry d-9 I always count tyre pressures when talking about level checks but your spot on. I advice folk to draw up a little weekly check list to follow.

Comment

My dads battery died on the weekend, a few days inactivity was enough to render a failing battery absolutely useless.

Comment

Popped the earth lead on today and ran it up to temp.

Comment

Ness will be fine as long as the sun comes out, the scimitar is on a trickle charge, as is the other scimitar, Robyn will have to run herself and Jx cars up to temp tomorrow

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

I’ve disconnected the battery on mine , going to let it rot outside until this blows over and then if I can afford it sort out the mechanicals and give it a respray .

I was looking foward to a few camping trips , Easter down newgale , beautiful , annoying thing is we’ve had lots of nice weekends recently .

It would be nice to have a T2 project on the go and room at home to do it , can’t get the T4 in the garage or a T2 ,yep I’ve measured it .

I could get it in my unit but that’s miles away .

Comment

Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                  I’ve disconnected the battery on mine , going to let it rot outside until this blows over and then if I can afford it sort out the mechanicals and give it a respray .

I was looking foward to a few camping trips , Easter down newgale , beautiful , annoying thing is we’ve had lots of nice weekends recently .

It would be nice to have a T2 project on the go and room at home to do it , can’t get the T4 in the garage or a T2 ,yep I’ve measured it .

I could get it in my unit but that’s miles away .
                  I don't know why don't build a temp booth in your unit and get it all done?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

Stuck the battery on charge overnight after going over to my mates to use the sand blasting cabinet and the bugger had locked up and gone home early. Will try again in the morning.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      I don't know why don't build a temp booth in your unit and get it all done?

I don’t know how long I’ll be able to get up to the unit with the virus pandemic , I hate leaving a job half arsed , I like to do things in one hit

Comment

I don’t know how long I’ll be able to get up to the unit with the virus pandemic , I hate leaving a job half arsed , I like to do things in one hit
                        Well , how full is your diary at the moment?
                        If you can't work from home you're allowed is my understanding.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          Well , how full is your diary at the moment?
                          If you can't work from home you're allowed is my understanding.

I’ve about one and a half’s days work booked in for next week , yes I came to the same conclusion that if you can’t work from home then your allowed to travel too and from work , but you must conform to the social distancing as advised by the government in the workplace, not to much of a problem as I work alone .

To be honest , I have some free time during the weeks to prep the van and I have the skill set to do a decent job , but I’ve got to be so careful with money at the moment , paint and sundries will cost a fair bit of cash .
                          Last edited by Fruitbat; 3 April 2020, 11:23 PM.

Comment

I’ve about one and a half’s days work booked in for next week , yes I came to the same conclusion that if you can’t work from home then your allowed to travel too and from work .

To be honest , I have some free time during the weeks to prep the van and I have the skill set to do a decent job , but I’ve got to be so careful with money at the moment , paint and sundries will cost a fair bit of cash .
                            How do you value your time if you're not earning? Plus the van would be more of an asset and useful to the business so you could offset the expenditure.

Comment

I make use of my time free by researching material suppliers ,cross referencing their prices and lead times .

I also do online research of companies that maybe interested in my services and a bit of social media networking .

Also I’m answering queries from potential clients.

So to summarise I try and make use of every free period I have during each day , no business can rest on its laurels, I have the drive , I have the ambition ,the only part of the business that worries me is the funding side , more so in this current climate , no virus no worries as far as I’m concerned as I know it will be a success , but the majority of business wether their in their infancy or well established in their sectors they will find it difficult in this current climate , the only crumb of comfort they have is they will have help from the government and access to loans ect .

Comment

Working...
                              X