Old Hat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Still not sure how it will go once its trimmed out. Something light and simple really. Like the bench with slide out bed, but sense would say R and R bed with seat belts if we want to cart gran kids about. Be an air bed I reckon this summer.
    I'm sure you'll come up with something to meet your needs mate, be nice to see what you come up with and watch it take shape [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

• Nowt wrong with an airbed for a summer. Least you can get out there.
      Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• I started out using an airbed, worked fine for us too [emoji106]

Comment

• I'll have to remember my puncture repair kit.

Comment

• With the lane to my workshop still impassable today I've made a little progress on the old tub. Got 4 longer bolts from Screw Zone in Lemster and with the help of my old Matador engineers socket set and my brand new Aldi spanners I've got the tow hitch on. Thanks again to Hans for the bar, just got to get some scotch locks off Mr Cheeseman to complete the spark side of things.Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12259.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	263285Click image for larger version

Name:	SDC12260.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	263286

Comment

• And a bit of "army grease" to stop the bolts rusting. Also got a bag of M6 countersunk screws for the mirror 25 in a bag for 2.50 just got to trim about 20mm of thread of them.
              Last edited by S49; 5 March 2018, 04:52 PM.

Comment

• He won't bite I the Scotchlocks. I've tried. Going to have to be far more subtle.

Comment

• Better off twisting the wires together and permanently hold in place with the mighty electrical tape, no better connection can be made [emoji106]

Comment

And a bit of "army grease" to stop the bolts rusting. Also got a bag of M6 countersunk screws for the mirror 25 in a bag for 2.50 just got to trim about 20mm of thread of them.
                    If you need a replen on the Army Grease give me a shout.

Comment

• Originally posted by Thebigredone View Post
                      Better off twisting the wires together and permanently hold in place with the mighty electrical tape, no better connection can be made [emoji106]

If there is no insulation tape available masking tape is ok, right?

Comment

• Yea or brown packing tape as it's waterproof !

Comment

• Sellotape is just as good apparently, just need to make sure it's dry when you put it on!
                          Last edited by mick1070; 5 March 2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by mick1070 View Post
                            If you need a replen on the Army Grease give me a shout.
                            Cheers I've got a few tins. Theres an old fella whos car I look after gave me a good few tins. Think when he got demobed from the Royal Engineers he took most of their stock home with him. Its just wheel bearing grease in stencilled tins. They had the old war department arrow on them and a mid 60s date.

Comment

Cheers I've got a few tins. Theres an old fella whos car I look after gave me a good few tins. Think when he got demobed from the Royal Engineers he took most of their stock home with him. Its just wheel bearing grease in stencilled tins. They had the old war department arrow on them and a mid 60s date.
                              Brilliant, you have to love the old boys. We have done away with the arrow or crows foot as we call it now, all civilian contact, we just paint the tin green lol.

Comment

• Wasn't it late 60s when they stopped using it and putting the date on. Our dad restores old ww2 jeeps and the like so I grew up around all things ex army. Never be in the forces but am into tattoos so I have the WD arrow with 1967 under it as that was when I was born.

Comment

Working...
                                X