Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's very nice mate. Top job.

Comment

• Looks good to me Reg... are you pleased? Would a larger tip make for tighter and better fit?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
        Would a larger tip make for tighter and better fit?
        sewer?

Yes, pleased, looks good - the tip size is fine. Suits the aperture without being too max powah.

Besides- run them too tight and they clang and bang

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          sewer?

Yes, pleased, looks good - the tip size is fine. Suits the aperture without being too max powah.

Besides- run them too tight and they clang and bang
          The important bit of the rear picture is in shadow. Looks really really good. So you've routed the exhaust per OEM with 2.5" & until the Y junction, how many extra hangers? & with no silencing?

How's about posting an audio file? New thread of just exhaust notes?

Comment

The important bit of the rear picture is in shadow. Looks really really good. So you've routed the exhaust per OEM with 2.5" & until the Y junction, how many extra hangers? & with no silencing?

How's about posting an audio file? New thread of just exhaust notes?

Yep 2.5" until the splitter with two straight through boxes in the first downpipe back section.

All original hangers plus one extra one on the rear valance on the right hand side the same as the original one on the left.

Splitter goes into 2 x 2" sections with no extra silencers.

No point posting an audio file - phones struggle with engine/exhaust noise and it always sounds nothing like the actual noise.

Comment

No point posting an audio file - phones struggle with engine/exhaust noise and it always sounds nothing like the actual noise.
              Rubbish - get it done. To keep it all equal. We set the recording guidance as 3 paces from the rear / side of the van to open air (no walls) with the phone on a brick, mike facing the van.

Comment

• Near enough 500 mile round trip this weekend.

Not much came past on the entire journey

A lot of T5s were left behind.

Had an impromtu drag race with a T5 out of the 50 limit roadworks in Bristol, top gear roll-on, nothing in it, we were level pegging up to '70' and then I got baulked by a middle lane cock muncher.

Some photos to follow in the 'VW Action Thread" later.

Van is minging now though, small oil leak in engine bay, back doors covered in soot and more worryingly what looks like a bit of oil mist, wheels covered in brake dust and a nice big bulls eye in the windscreen that'll mean a new screen.

Great weekend though.

Comment

Near enough 500 mile round trip this weekend.

Not much came past on the entire journey

A lot of T5s were left behind.

Had an impromtu drag race with a T5 out of the 50 limit roadworks in Bristol, top gear roll-on, nothing in it, we were level pegging up to '70' and then I got baulked by a middle lane cock muncher.

Some photos to follow in the 'VW Action Thread" later.

Van is minging now though, small oil leak in engine bay, back doors covered in soot and more worryingly what looks like a bit of oil mist, wheels covered in brake dust and a nice big bulls eye in the windscreen that'll mean a new screen.

Great weekend though.
                  Did you fit the Apollo - for the weekends' VW Actions run to the North?

Comment

• Sorry to hear about your windscreen. Had oil mist on my last trip to the kent meet. Hasent happened since we rebuilt the turbo.

Comment

Did you fit the Apollo - for the weekends' VW Actions run to the North?
                      Nope - too much pissing about with the exhaust, didn't even find time to clean the van.

Bit concerned the air filter might drone a bit - not sure I'd enjoy that for 6 hours solid, the rattling BBQ grille was enough

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Sorry to hear about your windscreen. Had oil mist on my last trip to the kent meet. Hasent happened since we rebuilt the turbo.
                      Yep new turbo time...... 2256 Activ?

The screen went with a hell of a bang.

Comment

• Haven't noticed a drone (Mrs apart) - but I can sort of suppress that.
                        Is it the oil from the turbo or the oil breather - my IC circuit remains dry now I moved to a seperate catch tank?

Comment

Haven't noticed a drone (Mrs apart) - but I can sort of suppress that.
                          Is it the oil from the turbo or the oil breather - my IC circuit remains dry now I moved to a seperate catch tank?

The oil in the bay looks like it's from the breather - leaking on the pipework.

Comment

The oil in the bay looks like it's from the breather - leaking on the pipework.
                            Is that new seal you fitted the correct way round? Made the error myself and it perished / split too quickly?

Comment

Is that new seal you fitted the correct way round? Made the error myself and it perished / split too quickly?

The one on the top of the cam cover? How the hell did you even manage to fit that the wrong way!

No not that one - where the breather joins the intake - because of lack of clearance, tortuous routing and the bends required it's not really seating properly.

The turbo needs to be lifted up and across a bit and then all the pipework changed - but then if I'm doing all that I may as well build a proper manifold and if I'm doing that I may as well upgrade the turbo.

Six gear kit first....

Comment

• Ah OK....my err - I forgot I'm using the Volvo cam cover and breather which is different and feeds off to the right.

Refit the AJT manifold with a little porting and an adaptor which lifts the turbo and allows for more porting.

Plus you can play with the new turbo whilst you're building the new manifold....

Are you still using the AJT inlet manifold. I wondered whether thats creating your airflow/intake losses higher up the rev range? Our Volvo units don't seem to have the same unburnt fuel problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X