My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    I'll be making a manifold to suit so maybe it can be sited for clearance. Would the 2052 be any good or too limited by size for big power?
    GT20 56mm (GT2056) 55 trim 0.53AR : Running 2.0-2.2bar at 5k it could reach 285 bhp efficiently but that's it's limit. Should reach 2.0-2.2bar at 1850-2000rpm.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      GT20 56mm (GT2056) 55 trim 0.53AR : Running 2.0-2.2bar at 5k it could reach 285 bhp efficiently but that's it's limit. Should reach 2.0-2.2bar at 1850-2000rpm.

And the 2052 is smaller?

Comment

And the 2052 is smaller?
        Yep. It won't get there, compressor wheel is 52mm. Its significantly less efficient after 220bhp. The GT2056 is a good compromise between spool up speed and boosted power. Have you got a donor turbo in mind? Sending you a pm.

Last edited by Activ8; 18 July 2018, 01:30 PM.

Comment

• So the T4/2 is now more like T0.4 now

But would this....

Make mine a T5 now?

Comment

So the T4/2 is now more like T0.4 now

It's still a T4 but now a project - so it needs a befitting code name....
            Suggestions please, the more humourus the better...
            Cheese6
            CheeseSechs
            ProjektWow
            Bell End Sechs Speed

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            But would this....

Make mine a T5 now?
            Could be...

Comment

• Reg plate could be SW155 CHZ with the amount of holes in that van!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              Slowly slowly catchy monkey!

Comment

• My second T4, operation de-chav

I now want to buy said reg plate!

Comment

• Friday half day and its van time - thought I'd replace the primer that fell off my rear bumper.

Things went well and I put the top coat on as well.

Happy with how it turned out

Not so happy with my brand new phone - finally ditched my ancient S3 samsung for a Nokia with super duper dual camera and it's ballbags, but even the colour blind on here can see the bumper is grey and the van is a browny grey. Note the hedge is GREEN - that is what the colour green looks like.

Comment

• Nice bumper. Very nice

Sent from my SM-T810 using Just T4s

Comment

• 🤙 skills!

Comment

• And now with a touch of satin black.

Comment

• That looks ace mate - looking forward to seeing it back on the van

Comment

• Turns out the skin wouldn't fit on the bumper iron once attached to the van.

Remove bumper iron, fit skin to iron on the bench, then bolt the whole lot back on as one.

A couple of bolts wouldn't line up and there was not quite enough clearance cut out of the bumper skin to fit the towbar, soon remedied with a grinder and then the bumper was fitted.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180808_081106.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	264419

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20180808_081119.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	96.7 KB
ID:	264420

Comment

Turns out the skin wouldn't fit on the bumper iron once attached to the van.

Remove bumper iron, fit skin to iron on the bench, then bolt the whole lot back on as one.

A couple of bolts wouldn't line up and there was not quite enough clearance cut out of the bumper skin to fit the towbar, soon remedied with a grinder and then the bumper was fitted.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9960[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]9961[/ATTACH]
                              Cracking job Reg, albeit it's missing a couple of things..... [emoji848] being critical I'm not sure the pics do it justice, the bumper looks far lighter (could be the light or that new Nokia tosh you bought), could be the colour combo but somethings not quite 'balanced'....

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                                Cracking job Reg, albeit it's missing a couple of things..... [emoji848] being critical I'm not sure the pics do it justice, the bumper looks far lighter (could be the light or that new Nokia tosh you bought), could be the colour combo but somethings not quite 'balanced'....

Bumper is far lighter (not as bad as pics though)

Both are painted in L469 but from different suppliers, the bumper is the correct colour for the code, I'm going to get some more paint matched to the body as I've a tailgate and front bumper to paint.

Nothing wrong with the Nokia - it's been very impressive so far (especially in its price band). Android is trying too hard to look like Apple - not a great move IMHO.

Sure the super duper dual camera is not a patch on my old Samsung S3, but I'm yet to use any phone camera that matches it and yes I have been forced to suffer crapple products at work.

Comment

Working...
                                X