My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
    I love it.... really really nice Reg, it looks so "balanced" even the rear wash wipes are perfectly lined up....
    Cheers, would like a tailgate and the second slider cut out really bugs me - should have deleted it before paint.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Cheers, would like a tailgate and the second slider cut out really bugs me - should have deleted it before paint.
      Crikey , I thought the same about the slider cut out but didn't want to sound too OCD! I'd have to move the sticker too.... thought you'd fitted a different exhaust?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

I'd have to move the sticker too.... thought you'd fitted a different exhaust?
        Yeah I struggle with stickers, they always look like they are in the wrong place.

And the exhaust is in the pipeline....

The pipeline that seems to be getting longer on a daily basis I looked around the garage last night and it's full of stalled/still boxed van projects.

- Big brake calipers on the bench ready to fit (still no discs) (and they now wont fit under new wheels)

- Exhaust components cut and on the welding bench (waiting argon)

- Billet of nylon and ally to make a measuring tool for the gearbox mod

- Stack of audi wheels waiting a splash of more saleable paint

- Towbar - still boxed

= Steering rack gaiter

Comment

• I've been trying to calculate the Volumetric Efficiency of the van today and failing , (I thought this would narrow down the variables for the van performance calcs) I'm saying this because I'm getting some daft figures....
          Last edited by Activ8; 11 May 2018, 01:07 AM.

Comment

• Bought a new laptop battery - missed out on a cheap local 'garage' spec laptop

As soon as the battery arrives, I'll do a couple of log runs, one as it is now and one with the airbox lid lifted.

The black smoke on acceleration is pretty hefty at the moment, also the white smoke on start up is back again - I think the injector swap will have to happen, not for any performance gains but to clean up the running. (although I appreciate the black smoke may get a lot worse - but the burn could clean up with better spray and shorter injection duration.

Comment

Bought a new laptop battery - missed out on a cheap local 'garage' spec laptop

As soon as the battery arrives, I'll do a couple of log runs, one as it is now and one with the airbox lid lifted.

The black smoke on acceleration is pretty hefty at the moment, also the white smoke on start up is back again - I think the injector swap will have to happen, not for any performance gains but to clean up the running. (although I appreciate the black smoke may get a lot worse - but the burn could clean up with better spray and shorter injection duration.

Managed to get a workable figure (getting in a muddle over elements in the formula - sleeping helped!) so reran it this morning and using data from a very old logrun I'm getting a VE of 72.7% with my Volvo turbo but with OEM TMIC. Chuffed as its eliminates a huge performance variable. Need to do a run with my K24, then some mods can be gauged properly. Need inlet manifold air temp which would eliminate more data and prove IC efficiency.

V3.... done, substantial improvements in 780 to 3000rpm. Yours in a month if you want it?

Comment

• Bought a tailgate today,

Enquired about the rest of the van and it's break only - so may go back for half a van tomorrow. Want a front end for mocking up gearbox mods

Comment

Managed to get a workable figure (getting in a muddle over elements in the formula - sleeping helped!) so reran it this morning and using data from a very old logrun I'm getting a VE of 72.7% with my Volvo turbo but with OEM TMIC. Chuffed as its eliminates a huge performance variable. Need to do a run with my K24, then some mods can be gauged properly. Need inlet manifold air temp which would eliminate more data and prove IC efficiency.

V3.... done, substantial improvements in 780 to 3000rpm. Yours in a month if you want it?
                  Still got the limp to iron out, I seem to at least be able to make it happen now - so it could be logged. I'm sure it's a result of the turbo wastegate bodge.

I looked at your PDF but only saw spurious numbers and I am of the impression there should be far more yellow on the chart.

Comment

Still got the limp to iron out, I seem to at least be able to make it happen now
                    So it's now a controlled limp?
                    Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                    I'm sure it's a result of the turbo wastegate bodge.
                    Bodge? What have you done?
                    I looked at your PDF but only saw spurious numbers and I am of the impression there should be far more yellow on the chart.
                    Most of it is generated by only a few inputs and I've written the map so I know a lot of the data. Max VE is 104.xx but I've yet to work that into the formula.

I've removed your limp in v3.

Comment

Bought a tailgate today,

Enquired about the rest of the van and it's break only - so may go back for half a van tomorrow. Want a front end for mocking up gearbox mods
                      If you change , what do you want for your barn doors? If the ECU and air box were reasonably priced from your donor I wouldn't mind them?

Anything I can do to help with the gearbox mockup?

Last edited by Activ8; 12 May 2018, 08:58 AM.

Comment

• Any idea what the fuel rate is on your Gibonta 0.24s?

Comment

If you change , what do you want for your barn doors? If the ECU and air box were reasonably priced from your donor I wouldn't mind them?

Anything I can do to help with the gearbox mockup?

Be a while for the barn doors but they will be for sale

No ECU - it's a 1.9

Need no help with the gearbox - but I do have half a van to break if anyone wants any bits - good gearbox but the engine wont be available for a while

Comment

Be a while for the barn doors but they will be for sale.
                            Let me know I'm interested.

Need no help with the gearbox - but I do have half a van to break if anyone wants any bits - good gearbox but the engine wont be available for a while
                            Did you buy the whole van and relocate it or have you got to strip it in situ?

Comment

Did you buy the whole van and relocate it or have you got to strip it in situ?
                              They wouldn't sell all of it because it's been 'end of lifed' so I had to buy half of it - bit of a pain.

Comment

They wouldn't sell all of it because it's been 'end of lifed' so I had to buy half of it - bit of a pain.
                                PITA.....
                                So Stihl saw the front end completely off and drive it onto a trailer?

Comment

Working...
                                X