• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Got to remember Reg you're getting more using injectors that are considerably smaller than Sausages 0.21 Volvo units.
      Ahhh

but 4x 500 displacements versus 5x500cc displacements - I should have 25% more.

The peak I'm not bothered about at he moment, it's the slower increase in torque to the peak - does my torque curve follow the torque limiter map values? I don't mind as it's keeping my gearbox safe - just curious.

Cant make out much from those pics but the intake path looks worse than mine.

It definitely got hot on the dyno and not sure those fans were doing much to help the intercooler

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        Ahhh

but 4x 500 displacements versus 5x500cc displacements - I should have 25% more.

The peak I'm not bothered about at he moment, it's the slower increase in torque to the peak - does my torque curve follow the torque limiter map values? I don't mind as it's keeping my gearbox safe - just curious.

Cant make out much from those pics but the intake path looks worse than mine.

It definitely got hot on the dyno and not sure those fans were doing much to help the intercooler
        You have got 25% more - but you're loosing 44% of it....

I can move the torque curve. Where would you like it to peak? I don't like applying to much boost too early plus I find it nicer to drive with the torque in the "driving" range & holding the peak.

Intake is nothing special , smaller bore than yours but now using Volvo inlet manifold since last Thursday.

I did advise running on the dyno with the bonnet open. Might be worth you thinking about a cold-air / ram-air intake...

Apologies for not getting the adaptor plate sketches to you yet but working on some new turbos and plates to try.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Heres some inspiration for a RamAir conversion...

Comment

Cheers!

Your local to me right? Have I seen you out and about?
            I live in Tavistock half the week but in Bideford for the other half, Iā€™m currently the manager at the countrywide farmers store at Bideford (although today we got the announcement that we finish trading on Saturday) donā€™t think Iā€™ve seen you about yet had a few waves and nods from other T4s and seen two parked in one street in Bideford quite a lot.

Sent from The Bat phone Just T4s

Comment

• Just a quick update ... thought it might be useful...I ran your v2 Map on my airmass calc and peak torque should be 281ft lb (382Nm) (run1 277 ft lb) at 1800rpm and holding to about 3100rpm. Might be worth trying to bypass the IC again to identify this drag/delay you experienced. Have you tried the graphing functions in VCDS useful to see the sensors overlay request vs actual to pinpoint performance areas.

Comment

Might be worth trying to bypass the IC again to identify this drag/delay you experienced.
                Was thinking exactly this last night as I was trying to rebuild a carb on a brushcutter - I'd lost the rebuild kit I bought about 3 years ago and when I found it (after about 40 mins), it was the wrong one anyway.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                Have you tried the graphing functions in VCDS useful to see the sensors overlay request vs actual to pinpoint performance areas.
                Nope not tried that. Will do, may have sourced a new old laptop - I can strip out all the rubbish and antivirus software and use it solely for garage work un-networked.

I think antivirus software is killing my upload ability.

Comment

Was thinking exactly this last night as I was trying to rebuild a carb on a brushcutter - I'd lost the rebuild kit I bought about 3 years ago and when I found it (after about 40 mins), it was the wrong one anyway.

Nope not tried that. Will do, may have sourced a new old laptop - I can strip out all the rubbish and antivirus software and use it solely for garage work un-networked.

I think antivirus software is killing my upload ability.
                  Did you get a printout of the run/runs.... I could work through the data plotting it against the formulas. There's a lot of good in your numbers run1 vs calc is only a few % off, but lost 8+% by run 3. Thats got to be temp.

The pressure ratio for the turbo can move massively on a turbo and affect the turbos efficiency easily by 25% or an air temp gain of 150degC!! Couple that with an ineffective IC and it's just hot air....

If I plug in your base data into my calcs and make a few assumptions to get the bhp down to 156 your turbo efficiency would have to be 50% efficient & the IC would have to be down as low as 35%!

Comment

• Do you still want that wastegate valve sending, its on my bench looking for a purpose!

Any idea whether the left hand drive T4 airbox and vented wing are different, airflow pipework follows the same paths etc..

Comment

• Quote "Tomorrow is dyno day once again. We are trying to get the low end as good as it was before MAF enlargement + find an annoying fault, which causes power to drop with elevated engine bay temperatures (maybe it has something to do with temperature, maybe not)." Shadowmaker August 2007

Quote "Reason for sudden power loss when warm was that IAT-sensor." Shadowmaker August 2007

Comment

Do you still want that wastegate valve sending, its on my bench looking for a purpose!

Any idea whether the left hand drive T4 airbox and vented wing are different, airflow pipework follows the same paths etc..
                        No to the wastegate, I'm back looking at bigger turbots and relocating the manifold to improve that intake tract.

I'm sure the left hand drive airbox would be exactly the same.

Shame that I'm going to muller what was the worst and is now the best panel on my van.... took me ages to get it straight and rust free and the paint on it is perfect.

More airflow required for IC in the plans as well.....

Comment

• Can tap pictures of lhd airbox if required.
                          Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                            Can tap pictures of lhd airbox if required.
                            Cheers Arf - that might help to understand any pipework differences, runs and locations.

Comment

I'm back looking at bigger turbots and relocating the manifold to improve that intake tract.
                              Don't just buy "bigger" buy clever... decide on a bhp target and obtain the turbots compression map otherwise it's guess work to map it... it'll work but you're blind.
                              Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              Shame that I'm going to muller what was the worst and is now the best panel on my van...
                              Can you not locate another panel to experiment with?
                              Think I want another bonnet too!

Comment

Don't just buy "bigger" buy clever... decide on a bhp target and obtain the turbots compression map otherwise it's guess work to map it... it'll work but you're blind.]
                                I asked this chap once to explain his calculations in the hope that it may give a little insight into working these things out but he let me down.

Comment

Working...
                                X