No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reg a few pages ago you mentioned that if you wiggled the ecu plug/wires to it the van would run. Have you done a continuity check on the plugs and wires to check for brakes or shorts. I appreciate this is a granny and eggs point but 1 I like the kiss acronym and 2 it reads like the issue is external to the ecu rather than internal?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Greeny gtc View Post
      Reg a few pages ago you mentioned that if you wiggled the ecu plug/wires to it the van would run. Have you done a continuity check on the plugs and wires to check for brakes or shorts. I appreciate this is a granny and eggs point but 1 I like the kiss acronym and 2 it reads like the issue is external to the ecu rather than internal?

Yep it is nothing to do with the ecu. But up until this point once the van is running, no amount of wire wiggling would ever cause the fault to reappear.
      It was only last night that I could actually replicate the fault and give me at least an area to target. It's a brown and white wire inside the housing of the small plug.

Activ- the fault codes were as before, a missing crank sensor signal nothing to do with the ecu but randomly it only appeared on the new ecu so I doubted the hardware. You've been plenty of help just plugging it into your van and verifying that it runs and I'm not trying to work with more than one suspect component. It's down to me now, time to get the soldering iron out.

Oh and the graph defaults to 1z I've not got a t4 option that is right either so I leave it and just imagine the blue line at 55 or is that wrong?
      Last edited by regcheeseman; 4 April 2018, 10:33 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
        Yep it is nothing to do with the ecu. But up until this point once the van is running, no amount of wire wiggling would ever cause the fault to reappear.
        Activ- the fault codes were as before, a missing crank sensor signal nothing to do with the ecu but randomly it only appeared on the new ecu so I doubted the hardware.

Oh and the graph defaults to 1z I've not got a t4 option that is right either so I leave it and just imagine the blue line at 55 or is that wrong?
        So it's ignition side then, not got one on my t4 but on my Scimitars ecu there's a number of lines that are ignition then redundant once running I had a similar issue that was caused by one of these being held by 1 strand? Worth a look?

Comment

It's a brown and white wire inside the housing of the small plug.
          I have an ECU small plug as a spare in my programming kit if you need it to borrow/build a new loom off of the van. Sorry don't have an ECU Wiring Diagram in pdf format, what's the wire connecting?

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          It's just something I've never noticed before. It's just a graphing tool and simply tabling the numeric data.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Fixed and running v2 ecu. Terminal not quite latched into housing. Brown white pin 102.

Fucking yayyy!

Coil light still flashing though. I have black tape.
            Last edited by regcheeseman; 4 April 2018, 12:23 PM.

Comment

Fixed and running v2 ecu. Terminal not quite latched into housing. Brown white pin 102.

Fucking yayyy!

Great news.
              What does the code read for the coil flashing?
              Might be worth going through the ECU, IMMO and cluster Adaptions in VCDS if the chipped key is working.

Are you now getting full boost?

Comment

Fixed and running v2 ecu. Terminal not quite latched into housing. Brown white pin 102.

Fucking yayyy!

Awsome

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                  Great news.
                  What does the code read for the coil flashing?
                  Might be worth going through the ECU, IMMO and cluster Adaptions in VCDS if the chipped key is working.

Are you now getting full boost?

The code will read as per the first two faults on previous log. Go through adaptions? Is that the Ross tech instructions you posted. I need to look up cloning keys as well.

Nope still on 10 psi. Gets there quicker though.
                  I'm convinced the airflow and boost limit are both related to flow and convinced it's exhaust. Of course I'll waste hours making an exhaust to suit and it'll still be the same but im running out of things to change. As ive always had a 10 psi limit it has to be something I've not yet changed.

Comment

The code will read as per the first two faults on previous log. Go through adaptions? Is that the Ross tech instructions you posted. I need to look up cloning keys as well.

Nope still on 10 psi. Gets there quicker though.
                    I'm convinced the airflow and boost limit are both related to flow and convinced it's exhaust. Of course I'll waste hours making an exhaust to suit and it'll still be the same but im running out of things to change. As ive always had a 10 psi limit it has to be something I've not yet changed.
                    I didn't get any errors or MILs when I ran v2. Adaptions might just syncronise all the electronics.

Before you start building a Willy Wonker exhaust system fit an MBC set at min. 1 bar! If it's the exhaust it won't pass 10 psi and you'll prove me wrong!

I'll be needing a logrun once you've stopped getting " jiggy with it " - there's work to be done.

Comment

I didn't get any errors or MILs when I ran v2. Adaptions might just syncronise all the electronics.

Before you start building a Willy Wonker exhaust system fit an MBC set at min. 1 bar! If it's the exhaust it won't pass 10 psi and you'll prove me wrong!

I'll be needing a logrun once you've stopped getting " jiggy with it " - there's work to be done.

What are 'adaptions'? The ross tech stuff previously posted - surely I don't need that as it is a like for like clone?

I ran with the wastegate completely disconnected - it made 13psi tops. Can I get my welder out now? I need to finish the system anyway so I may as well do it regardless of the outcome - I could just of course just remove the rear box in 5 minutes and go for a drive.....
                      Last edited by regcheeseman; 4 April 2018, 10:15 PM.

Comment

• Looking at the ross tech stuff it needs old and new pins - are they not the same and in which case what is it learning?

Comment

What are 'adaptions'? The ross tech stuff previously posted - surely I don't need that as it is a like for like clone?
                          I noticed playing with the clusters that I had to keep adapting everything as it resets the checksum comms between ecu/immo & cluster.

Is ran with the wastegate completely disconnected - it made 13psi tops. Can I get my welder out now? I need to finish the system anyway so I may as well do it regardless of the outcome - I could just of course just remove the rear box in 5 minutes and go for a drive.....
                          Only 13psi that's half of what it can make so its definately not sealing at the actuator. Put some pressure through the top port. By all means get the welder out but 13psi loss through back pressure from the exhaust!! ??

Last edited by Activ8; 4 April 2018, 10:43 PM.

Comment

Looking at the ross tech stuff it needs old and new pins - are they not the same and in which case what is it learning?
                            Well my PIN didnt match yours when we compared but the adaption resets the checksum sequences. Upto you Reg.

Comment

Well my PIN didnt match yours when we compared but the adaption resets the checksum sequences. Upto you Reg.
                              Up to me?!?!? I've not got the foggiest what it is asking of me, what answers to give and what the implications might be of giving the wrong answers - hardly the best position to make an informed decision from.

What original pin would I be putting in?

I've got the SKC read as 01525 but I think you disputed this? Is the SKC the 'PIN' or is it something else?

You read it as 01884 but also put 01834 in an email.

What is the new pin, searched back through thread and didn't spot it?

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              Only 13psi that's half of what it can make so its definately not sealing at the actuator. Put some pressure through the top port. By all means get the welder out but 13psi loss through back pressure from the exhaust!! ??]
                              Not sealing at the actuator - you mean the wastegate valve? It was squeaky clean when fitted

And yeah a blocked exhaust will result in a massive drop of boost - down to near zero if it is significant enough - It's one of the most quoted reasons for low boost, aside from leaks and fuel delivery.

I had exactly the same low boost issues on the old turbo, wastegate probs on both would be too much of a coincidence especially as they both looked fine and the old one was locked shut on the adjuster for a while and still only peaked just over 10 psi.

I'll pull off the unknown backbox - if it is a petrol unit, they are prone to choking up when asked to deal with diesel fumes.
                              Last edited by regcheeseman; 4 April 2018, 11:20 PM.

Comment

Up to me?!?!? I've not got the foggiest what it is asking of me, what answers to give and what the implications might be of giving the wrong answers - hardly the best position to make an informed decision from.

I've got the SKC read as 01525 but I think you disputed this? Is the SKC the 'PIN' or is it something else?

Not sealing at the actuator - you mean the wastegate valve? It was squeaky clean when fitted

And yeah a blocked exhaust will result in a massive drop of boost - down to near zero if it is significant enough - It's one of the most quoted reasons for low boost, aside from leaks and fuel delivery.

I had exactly the same low boost issues on the old turbo, wastegate probs on both would be too much of a coincidence especially as they both looked fine and the old one was locked shut on the adjuster for a while and still only peaked just over 10 psi.

I'll pull off the unknown backbox - if it is a petrol unit, they are prone to choking up when asked to deal with diesel fumes.

Are there any IMMO errors? ECU PIN was definately 01884 I think I wrote it on the ECU casing. Those were the numbers in the code. (01834?) As it was typed was my fading memory..... Use 01884.

I hope it is the exhaust.

Comment

Working...
                                X