X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    It's not going into limp though.

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    I'm wondering if there's an issue with driver request?
    What kind of issue?
    Fuel injected runs as follows;
    1st , Drivers Wish : IQ = RPM & %
    2nd , Torque Limiter : IQ = ATM & RPM
    3rd , Smoke Limiter : IQ = MAF & RPM

You'll only get DW after the TL & SL are within map limits. In that order.

Can you try that logrun tomorrow.?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Plus you're getting to 4500rpm and backing off... the pedal is being converted to fuel after the TL & SL checks.

Comment

• Any updates Reg?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Any updates Reg?

Yep - 100 psi instead of 60 in both tyres, oiled the chain and my pushbike was flying today. My buns are getting tighter too.

Comment

Yep - 100 psi instead of 60 in both tyres, oiled the chain and my pushbike was flying today. My buns are getting tighter too.
            [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Showoff .... but why helium and the unique post xmas training techniques?

Last edited by Activ8; 3 January 2018, 11:54 PM.

Comment

• Any updates Reg... on the T4?
                Any logruns (not logflumes) we can have a ganders at?

Is this the new you? a MAMIL cyclist...

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/amp.tim...8%3fsource=dam

Comment

• Nope - nowt sorry.

Too busy with life and stuff at the mo.

I had thought that all the work fitting the new turbo and making a downpipe would have solved all the problems and I'd be rewarded with big power and as I got nothing as a result I'm a bit pissed off with it. Need something to get my mojo back
                  Last edited by regcheeseman; 7 January 2018, 01:10 AM.

Comment

• Have a sip of diesel rhino.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
                      Have a sip of diesel rhino.

Dude, this fellow T4'er - who is genuinely dedicated to us all on here - is in need of motivation, support and inspiration. So come on let's help him...

Comment

I had thought that all the work fitting the new turbo and making a downpipe would have solved all the problems and I'd be rewarded with big power and as I got nothing as a result I'm a bit pissed off with it. Need something to get my mojo back
                        To throw a positive light on this Reg... you were only getting 3psi before the map and now it's 12psi so it's running 300% better. If we can read the logrun we can start to work through the sensors. I can send you a few tested parts if you want to swap out a few bits. If you were an hour away I'd come over and assist.

Comment

To throw a positive light on this Reg... you were only getting 3psi before the map and now it's 12psi so it's running 300% better.
                          Thanks but the 3 psi dip was due to the clogged up N75, cleaning that bought the boost back to pre map status maybe 8psi and falling off, post map I'm getting an indicated 10 then falling off - could be the gauge reading low but I don't think it just that.

Comment

Thanks but the 3 psi dip was due to the clogged up N75, cleaning that bought the boost back to pre map status maybe 8psi and falling off, post map I'm getting an indicated 10 then falling off - could be the gauge reading low but I don't think it just that.
                            With the Volvo turbo you should be maxing out the air flow reading on vagcom at 1275mg/s and 1.4 bar is well within the compressors capability. So you're physically able to make the air and pressures required.

How can I help?
                            I've got standard heads if you think it's the head/valves?

Comment

With the Volvo turbo you should be maxing out the air flow reading on vagcom at 1275mg/s and 1.4 bar is well within the compressors capability. So you're physically able to make the air and pressures required.

How can I help?
                              I've got standard heads if you think it's the head/valves?
                              If it was a proper engine, I'd know what was up, but with the stupid electronics throwing a spanner in the works the fault just doesn't make any logical sense.

Why are you thinking head and valves? It's displaying no signs of compression or timing issues?

I think it's pump or standynes.

Thanks for the offer of bits to transfer - but at the moment I just cannot be bothered messing about with it..... I've started on a loft conversion and that seems far more interesting at the moment - besides it's a job in the warm and dry. Sausages would have been proud of some of my wood butchery over the weekend.

Comment

... but with the stupid electronics throwing a spanner in the works the fault just doesn't make any logical sense.
                                One logrun could tell you all that's needed to know.
                                Why are you thinking head and valves? It's displaying no signs of compression or timing issues?
                                As we've got no electronic data I'm not ruling anything out and I'm also offering you a backup.
                                I think it's pump or standynes.
                                Do you want another pump to prep?
                                Stick your 0.24's in and I'll map it after plus it'll rule out your wonderful Stanadynes.

Comment

Working...
                                X