My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by daleydub View Post
    Van looking good but could do with some Mr sausage special front shock plates and rear springs[emoji3]

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s
    Normally I agree with you dalydub but not here. That is to say you are right, it wouldn't look bad at all of it was lowered. It would look cool but I think this van stands out because it isn't lowered. Standard ride height, functional....etc.
    Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
      Normally I agree with you dalydub but not here. That is to say you are right, it wouldn't look bad at all of it was lowered. It would look cool but I think this van stands out because it isn't lowered. Standard ride height, functional....etc.
      Anything looks great slammed - been there and fucked up far too many potentially awesome vehicles in the pursuit of lows and virtual suck jobs from men on the internerd.

But it ain't standard ride height, it is at least -60 and about 12mm off the original bump stops all round. With sach HDs it doesn't crash or bang, the ride is good and it'll still handle plus I don't have to drive like a pussy when the road is any less than billiard table smooth. Sausages mate was reduced to 15mph on the drive up to his workshop - I could cycle it quicker than that.

Those steels do leave far too much arch gap.

Originally posted by Activ8
      Is that with the new N75?
      Got to see what the those sensors are reading Reg. 10psi = 0.68bar = a semi.
      Did you cap the top port on the actuator?
      Yep with new N75 - same as before.

I'll do a log run, pull the timing back towards 55

Didn't cap the top port, it's not going to make that much difference, but I'll do it

Those stanadynes days are numbered, reckon the balance of fuelling is all to cock, can't see how this will make that much difference either..

I think a sensor is throwing a curve ball in somewhere - guess the log run will give the answers.

Time to google how to do a log run and how to interpret it.

Comment

• Virtual suck jobs?! HahahahHa

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
          Will do.

..... thanks to Activ 8 I present the latest radical new mod for T4s, orange indicators!

You Maverick!!! [emoji23] might be starting a new trend and a price hike!

Tom

Comment

Yep with new N75 - same as before.
            OK
            Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            I'll do a log run, pull the timing back towards 55
            What's it at currently?
            Have you code read the van?
            Didn't cap the top port, it's not going to make that much difference, but I'll do it
            Adds another 2psi when I ran mine.
            Those stanadynes days are numbered, reckon the balance of fuelling is all to cock, can't see how this will make that much difference either..
            It's not smoking is it? So there's enough air coming through. So you're either not making the pressure, loosing the pressure, or being restricted in making it. Can you drive over 3000rpm?
            Have the injectors started to clean up?
            I think a sensor is throwing a curve ball in somewhere - guess the log run will give the answers.
            Happy to assist Reg.
            Time to google how to do a log run and how to interpret it.
            I emailed you a how to guide from Pendle a month ago. Have you got another 2.5bar MAP sensor you can swap over? Or borrow? What PN#'s fitted?

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• You Maverick!!! might be starting a new trend and a price hike!
              Hey - some lead - others merely follow

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              What's it at currently?
              Dunno, duty cycle at idle was pretty high, 80% ish IIRC

Have you code read the van?
              yep - just a odd eeprom error code

Adds another 2psi when I ran mine.
              I'll bet you the price of orange indicators it doesn't make any difference - it might if I was getting proper boost but something is killing it

It's not smoking is it? So there's enough air coming through. So you're either not making the pressure, loosing the pressure, or being restricted in making it. Can you drive over 3000rpm?
              Not smoking

Must be capable of making pressure as this is second turbo to give exactly the same results

Not loosing pressure that I can tell

Possibly restricted in making it - fuel?

Can drive over 3000 rpm no bother - no top end urge but it'll rev out quite happy and pull three figures

Have the injectors started to clean up?
              Not obviously - if anything, starting is worse with new turbo, taking 1-2 seconds to fire - a decent indirect engine would be instant

I emailed you a how to guide from Pendle a month ago.
              Did you - I'll look again, thanks!

Have you got another 2.5bar MAP sensor you can swap over? Or borrow? What PN#'s fitted?
              Nope, Nope, Dunno?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                I emailed you a how to guide from Pendle a month ago.
                Nope, checked - a few maps, some interesting stanadyne stuff that's unfortunately worthless as trying to convince anyone will be fighting against the accepted internet 'wisdom' - which only has one acceptable source (much like everything in the T4 scene, known as the 'PP Tuning exhaust syndrome'. )

Comment

Dunno, duty cycle at idle was pretty high, 80% ish IIRC
                  Having just done my belts & timing the duty cycle was at 14% @ 53-56.
                  yep - just a odd eeprom error code
                  Might it be worth reloading the original file to eliminate the map?
                  Not smoking
                  Must be capable of making pressure as this is second turbo to give exactly the same results.
                  Not loosing pressure that I can tell
                  Possibly restricted in making it - fuel?
                  We'll see if you run the logs. VCDS Engine Ch 8 shows fuel.
                  Can drive over 3000 rpm no bother - no top end urge but it'll rev out quite happy and pull three figures
                  That's a good sign.

Not obviously - if anything, starting is worse with new turbo, taking 1-2 seconds to fire - a decent indirect engine would be instant
                  Timing? Start of Injection.
                  Can you do some screen prints of the engine channels. Ch 0 gives all the basics , switch to basic settings column 2 for the true timing number. (If at fuel temp).

Nope, Nope, Dunno?
                  Swap it out ... Can you borrow one from Sausages?

Comment

Nope, checked - a few maps, some interesting stanadyne stuff that's unfortunately worthless as trying to convince anyone will be fighting against the accepted internet 'wisdom' - which only has one acceptable source (much like everything in the T4 scene, known as the 'PP Tuning exhaust syndrome'. )
                    I'll resend it & confirm.

Comment

I'll resend it & confirm.

Email sent.

Comment

Having just done my belts & timing the duty cycle was at 14% @ 53-56.
                        Mine was fine when I did belts...

Might it be worth reloading the original file to eliminate the map?
                        Will do

We'll see if you run the logs. VCDS Engine Ch 8 shows fuel.
                        Yep - do this as well

Timing? Start of Injection.
                        Can you do some screen prints of the engine channels. Ch 0 gives all the basics , switch to basic settings column 2 for the true timing number. (If at fuel temp).
                        and this!

Swap it out ... Can you borrow one from Sausages?
                        Nope - his MAP is in the ecu

Comment

• Just want to help Reg..
                          I can send you a good 2.5 bar MAP sensor if it would help?

Comment

Just want to help Reg..
                            I know that bud - much appreciated.

Could have taken a log run today as I found myself on a dual carriageway, tried WOT in fourth but I was nearly 30 mph over the posted limit so had to back off around 4500, but it was still pulling, albeit reluctantly - feels like fuel to me.

Ironic if the pump needs a rebuild!
                            Last edited by regcheeseman; 30 December 2017, 11:41 PM.

Comment

• Just like you must feel, I just want it sorted too....

Think you've got to rule out the sensors first.

I'm finding some of the symptoms really odd.... if the turbo doesn't make the boost targets the ECU assumes a fault and throws it into limp mode. With the remap that's still fine and will drive +5-10% over standard. I'm assuming that is what's happening?

Your last VCDS on all 5 injectors showed poor injector tolerances but still only +/- 1-1.5mg/s from
                              requested. If the pump pressures were low wouldn't they be weeping more and showing a greater tolerance spread and resulting in tons of smoke?

Comment

• [QUOTE=Activ8;64551]I'm finding some of the symptoms really odd.... if the turbo doesn't make the boost targets the ECU assumes a fault and throws it into limp mode. With the remap that's still fine and will drive +5-10% over standard. I'm assuming that is what's happening?/QUOTE]

It's not going into limp though. If the ECU believes the boost is there from a duff sensor it'll overfuel and smoke, but it isn't.

I'm wondering if there's an issue with driver request?

Your last VCDS on all 5 injectors showed poor injector tolerances but still only +/- 1-1.5mg/s from
                                requested. If the pump pressures were low wouldn't they be weeping more and showing a greater tolerance spread and resulting in tons of smoke?]
                                Dunno what mechanically could give a reduction in IQ, advance mechs are prone to jamming, but that wouldn't do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X