No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I never under stand this Vw thing of having ‘ winter wheels ‘ Reg is a scene hoar

Comment

• I nearly exploded this morning, came out of Amys flat and we had a flat tyre.And the one thing I haven't done was refit the spare cradle and wheel. What a twonk.It was only on the bottom so I limped into Skiddy and pumped it up when I got fuel. Any warranty on these tyres Frenchy mate?

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
        I never under stand this Vw thing of having ‘ winter wheels ‘ Reg is a scene hoar
        Maybe he is.

But I'm driving a longer commute, the route is full of pot holes and every other week I'm driving in at night. BBS reps are a pig to keep clean and the steels were effectively free.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
          Van looks good on those steels.
          Are they spacered? Great fit.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
          No spacers, but could do with a set on the back as they tuck too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Maybe he is.

But I'm driving a longer commute, the route is full of pot holes and every other week I'm driving in at night. BBS reps are a pig to keep clean and the steels were effectively free.
            This is the only downside to BBS wheels and it’s a major one. The Scirocco had BBS on before the reversed steelies. They were a total fucking nightmare to clean. I had a toilet brush/pipe cleaner looking wheel cleaner thingymejig and that was just about the only way. It’s easier if you polish/wax the wheels every other wash as it stops the dirt sticking so badly but all said and done, they’re diabolical to live with, unless it’s a weekend only toy I think.

Sent from a muppet
            #vanlife

Comment

• I've been saying for years that "standard steels are the new banded"

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

This is the only downside to BBS wheels and it’s a major one. The Scirocco had BBS on before the reversed steelies. They were a total fucking nightmare to clean. I had a toilet brush/pipe cleaner looking wheel cleaner thingymejig and that was just about the only way. It’s easier if you polish/wax the wheels every other wash as it stops the dirt sticking so badly but all said and done, they’re diabolical to live with, unless it’s a weekend only toy I think.

Sent from a muppet
                Drum brakes would help reduce the muck

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

No spacers, but could do with a set on the back as they tuck too much.
                  If only you knew of someone who could make you a set .

Comment

Would he have to draw it Kev?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      Would he have to draw it Kev?

FFS Rob , what do you think I’am a magician

Comment

• Originally posted by Skiddy View Post

Drum brakes would help reduce the muck
                        I’ll try this hahaha.

Sent from a muppet
                        #vanlife

Comment

FFS Rob , what do you think I’am a magician
                          Er, yeh! ;-)

Comment

Or if I had a set lying on my garage floor from a swamper that had way too much poke...no bolts to hand though

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              I nearly exploded this morning, came out of Amys flat and we had a flat tyre.And the one thing I haven't done was refit the spare cradle and wheel. What a twonk.It was only on the bottom so I limped into Skiddy and pumped it up when I got fuel. Any warranty on these tyres Frenchy mate?
                              Ha, ha. Not warranty implied or given I’m afraid sir. It’ll be ok. Only flat at the bottom anyway.

Comment

• After a few intermittent reluctant starting moments, I have changed the fuel filter today. Whilst in there and with the aid of my new light I spotted this little gremlin

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20201015_113736[1].jpg
Views:	222
Size:	269.5 KB
ID:	312272

Yep, weeping leakdown hose on number 5, probably not the cause of the starting issue but needs sorting. Changed both pipes, the rest of the set were still dry but will get swapped when I next pull the rad forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X