No announcement yet.

My second T4, operation de-chav

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Moved the filter upstream of the pump, and sheathed the vulnerable pipe round the chassis with some silicone pipe I had knocking about.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200106_204242[1].jpg
Views:	335
Size:	270.2 KB
ID:	285208

Still weeping diesel from the top of the pump though

Comment

• Few hours spent this afternoon, adding mountings behind the panel for my amps and starting to route the wiring behind the same panel for the amps. Thought it would be a quick job but forgot how many wires I had to move.

Name:	IMG_20200110_145415.jpg
Views:	303
Size:	677.2 KB
ID:	285378 ​​​​

Comment

• There were a couple of wires that needed soldering, some heavy gauge feeds needed me to go to work and borrow the big weller soldering iron. With the wires soldered and heatshrunk I could then start to put it back together.

Name:	IMG_20200111_155909[1].jpg
Views:	300
Size:	743.9 KB
ID:	285433

The wooden batten is used to support the weight of the amps, the wires emerging in the right place to give a clean install

Comment

• Foil back in place, panel refitted and amps refitted

One amp not wired as there are no speakers, but at least both subs are back in service trying to shake the back doors off.

Name:	Amps.jpg
Views:	291
Size:	428.1 KB
ID:	285519
          Last edited by regcheeseman; 13 January 2020, 11:17 AM.

Comment

• No pic reg just lines of coding...

Sent from my SM-G960F using Just T4s

Comment

• 450W per sub?? Nice

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

• Nice install ... your appreciate Barry manilow so much more now ..... oh Mandy

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbungla View Post
                  450W per sub?? Nice

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s
                  Yep, it's got some hoof behind it, me and the boy were having some fun making the headlights dim and the mirrors vibrate on the way home from footy, just need some midrange now.

Comment

• Made myself a very flimsy ladder last night, constructed from small batten with rungs at 400mm centres.

Name:	ladder.jpg
Views:	285
Size:	205.4 KB
ID:	285702

It is the first section of the O/S cupboards, to be skinned over with a 3mm ply, the main objective is to keep it light and not add too much weight to the van.

This was the first mock up to try for size, I needed to put a angle across one corner to allow the seat to swivel and move one batten a few centimetres so that I can still access the leisure battery if required.

I also want to make one of the cover panels removable but with no visible fixings, I'm thinking push to latch type fittings or some button fix catches but everything is too large or not quite the right thing.

Any ideas for hidden fixings?

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                      I also want to make one of the cover panels removable but with no visible fixings, I'm thinking push to latch type fittings or some button fix catches but everything is too large or not quite the right thing.

Any ideas for hidden fixings?
                      Neodymium magnets? Or

Top and bottom slots in the frame, Lift up the panel into the deeper top slot to release from the bottom.
                      Last edited by Activ8; 16 January 2020, 02:49 PM.

Comment

• Strips of velcro??

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          Neodymium magnets?
                          That was my first thought, as the panel is flush mounted to frames, I'd have to cut a rebate for the magnet and the bit of metal, but it's not a big deal so not discounted the potential.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          Top and bottom slots in the frame, Lift up the panel into the deeper top slot to release from the bottom.
                          panel fits onto the face of the frame, don't want visible framework

Originally posted by lister View Post
                          Strips of velcro??
                          hmm maybe, used it before and the velcro becomes detatched from whatever it's stuck too to easily

Comment

panel fits onto the face of the frame, don't want visible framework.
                            Still possible to do it blind or use bonded 'U' section ali on the panel to hold the frame in the same way?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                              Still possible to do it blind or use bonded 'U' section ali on the panel to hold the frame in the same way?
                              Not sure what you mean. Think magnets are favourite at the moment

Comment

Not sure what you mean. Think magnets are favourite at the moment
                                Use C section to hook around your thin ladder framing.

It wouldn't rattle for sure with those magnets! Nicely inlayed it would be invisible.

Comment

Working...
                                X