No announcement yet.

Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Having read up on these K03's they're simply not the best quality and fail in every manor possible. Dave just may be unlucky and the higher EGT's have found a weakness in the casting after 000's miles of standard use.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• I'm gonna stick with the standard ECU
      Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
        I'm gonna stick with the standard ECU
        Dave, I don't know what psi the van's currently running but if its 15 then its unlikely to be putting a huge strain on the engine, it just depends on how its mapped.
        If the Cordoba donor was messed around with , eg actuator pre-load increased or the N75 was broken then the likelihood is that these "strains & faults" have simply transferred to your van.
        These 1.9 engines are bullet proof, you just need to go about tuning it wisely.

Both you and Reg have done a great conversion job but its only as good as the donor components.
        Get Reg to read the map, lets check it over. I suspect its fine, the feedback from the supplier is v v good.
        Dump the current K03, its now broken, bearings will be shot so don't run the risk of it fragmenting and ruining your engine and all the work.
        Flush the engine and upgrade your engine oil. Flush the coolant and replace accurately.
        Keep an eye on the oil and coolant temps, if it continues to run high fit a secondary oil cooler, simply flushing it may drop the running temps.
        Size your IC to suit the bhp target.
        Increase the airflow and circulation of fresh air into the engine bay.

Comment

• I have a replacement turbo to pick up on Saturday. Airflow is as good as it gets, I've even fitted a barryboy ram air cold air filter kit. IC is plenty big enough for the moderate power we will achieve. As far as I'm aware running temps were all good, temp on dyno was 91 degrees. As far as the map goes, it is meant for standard injectors, so I'm tempted to have that ecu rechipped again to be safe with the 0.216, I will let tuning lab do this as they have a few people they use for epprom.

Comment

I have a replacement turbo to pick up on Saturday. Airflow is as good as it gets, I've even fitted a barryboy ram air cold air filter kit. IC is plenty big enough for the moderate power we will achieve. As far as I'm aware running temps were all good, temp on dyno was 91 degrees. As far as the map goes, it is meant for standard injectors, so I'm tempted to have that ecu rechipped again to be safe with the 0.216, I will let tuning lab do this as they have a few people they use for epprom.
            Sounds like a good plan, looking forward to the results Dave, the Sausage is back to sizzling ...
            PS - DON'T OVERSIZE THE IC!

Comment

• Core size 550mm x 140mm x 65mm mounted behind bumper

Comment

Core size 550mm x 140mm x 65mm mounted behind bumper
                Good for 166 - 182bhp , so oversized for 120bhp on the remapped ECU, 550x140x50 would be bang on with 50mm pipework.

Comment

• That size is difficult to get hold of, easier to get a 430x140x65

Comment

• ...I'm using 50mm pipework

Comment

That size is difficult to get hold of, easier to get a 430x140x65
                      Yeh, that's better.

Comment

• Get Reg to read your 120 ECU & map. What nozzle size did you take out the AHU, any idea? Part number might be readable with a cleanup. You fitted Volvo 0.210's back in right?

What turbo are you refitting?

Just thinking about saving you some cash bud.

Comment

• Not sure what the standard nozzles are off hand, 0.184? AHU turbo is going back on. It now has Volvo 0.216

Comment

Not sure what the standard nozzles are off hand, 0.184? AHU turbo is going back on. It now has Volvo 0.216
                            Can you read the Bosch code off of the old nozzles? I assume they're 2 stage P150 injectors?

Did Reg set the Volvo injectors up?
                            Most are 190bar as new and need shimming up to 220+ for a better burn and atomisation.

Your ECU seller has emailed me back as a new buyer. Boost is 2.2 bar max which is bang on where it needs to be for the K03. Will query injector upgrade and take his advice. Better still would be reading the ECU....

Comment

• Reg had my old injectors in exchange, and yes, he set the .216s up

Comment

Reg had my old injectors in exchange, and yes, he set the .216s up
                                The Bosch Volvo 2.5tdi nozzles I have are DSLA150P838's which are 5 hole 0.205 150deg, the DSLA150P764's off of the T4 AHY/AXG are 5 hole 0.210 150deg . The term 0.216 has been used to mis-sell the nozzles over the years making them out to be larger and more unique to the T4 buyer.

Comment

Working...
                                X