No announcement yet.

Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah, it's a variable geometry over pressure regulation device. Top secret new development from cheesy sausage performance products.

It's not heat related blow hole, poss rusted through as it's a low point? Though I dont see how?

The repair is not mine.

I've no issue with how grammar is presented on a forum, as it's a relaxed place. But on an advert to sell something of significant value surely some effort is required to try and convey the fact you do actually care about what you are trying to sell? You'd not apply for a job using chav spk innit bruv. LOL!!!1!1111!!!!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      Yeah, it's a variable geometry over pressure regulation device.
      Top secret new development from cheesy sausage performance products.
      So Cosworth produced the whale-tail spoiler, and Cheesy Sausage PP a whale-blowhole dump valve. (max 9-15psi - but no hills)
      Your choice of dump sound can be chosen here! https://www.pond5.com/sound-effects/1/blowhole.html

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
      It's not heat related blow hole, poss rusted through as it's a low point? Though I dont see how?
      When did you do the conversion? Fast acting rust Reg?

The repair is not mine.
      I wouldn't be refitting it - weld or no weld....
      What would you suggest to replace it with?.... now thats something to forum debate?
      Your K14 perhaps, ideal for that AHU?

I've no issue with how grammar is presented on a forum, as it's a relaxed place. But on an advert to sell something of significant value surely some effort is required to try and convey the fact you do actually care about what you are trying to sell? You'd not apply for a job using chav spk innit bruv. LOL!!!1!1111!!!!!!
      Depends on the target market Reg, we're obviously getting to old? You don't "apply" for jobs Reg, the Social arranges you into a zero hours contract, dunnit?

Comment

• Glad I've never had to apply for a job or write a CV as my grammar is terrible at the best of times. But even I can use the spell checker on the laptop. I did get a grade 2 pass in English Language CSE in 1982. But anyone that's meet me will testify that i'm a bit of a yokel.

Comment

• I assume the hole was fairly new, and due to rust rather than heat. The mech said the rest of the housing was solid enough, he took it for a test drive and as far as he could tell on our rural roads drove ok. Reg, the pin was deffo seized, he said it was pretty gunked up in the pivot pin. If it fails due to the weld, I'll get another ahu turbo. I have no intention of this engine being on ongoing r+d career, I just want to get shit done.
          Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Glad you got it sorted Dave, now you can get some new wheels[emoji14]

Sent from my SM-J510FN using Just T4s

Comment

• I'm not saying it's sorted until it's successfully climbed limp sausage hill...

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                I just want to get shit done.
                Thats certainly one way of putting it Sausages,...

Think you'll ever move up/down to an AJT or ACV?
                Last edited by Activ8; 12 December 2017, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                  I'm not saying it's sorted until it's successfully climbed limp sausage hill...
                  If successful, will there be a video and a party perhaps?
                  Last edited by Activ8; 12 December 2017, 07:07 PM.

Comment

• Oh yes, a naked sausage party! Woop-woop!

Comment

• Think we all may be taking a careful look at our turbo casings now.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        Think we all may be taking a careful look at our turbo casings now.
                        But first a short video.....
                        https://youtu.be/qd2B9yCKzc0

Comment

• Dave - you have a thermal crack,.....

Remove your hands from your groin area and read-on bud , erm, actually your turbo has developed one...
                          I'm not convinced your turbine casing has "rusted" mate, you're more than likely running high engine temps, high fuel to air ratios, high boost for the K03 resulting in high exhaust gas temps.
                          The exhaust gas temp extremes on the metal work 200-850degC due to stop/start road driving conditions are causing these thermal cracks. I wouldn't be surprised if you're engine oil isn't cooking and degrading v quickly too.

I'd be thinking about fitting an uprated oil cooler, staying with the standard injectors, using Mobil One Peak Life 5W-50 and fitting a K04 turbo with your remapped ECU.

Comment

• Wow, once you start tweaking the side effects mount up don't they.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Wow, once you start tweaking the side effects mount up don't they.
                              The designed engine physics broaden and change when you modify. It can take time for the consequences to show up. Everyday running higher boost and wide bands of exhaust temps can be detrimental to the engine components. If you look at the turbo compressor map there's efficiency clouds they show 5% increments normally starting at 60% normally peaking at a 75% 'sweet spot'. Each % equates to around 50degC EGT's (exhaust gas temp) so running boost outside the ideal range can easily add an extra 500degC to the EGT's causing metal fatigue or indeed meltdown (will try and find turbine meltdown pic) & finally engine failure.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• When I get round to tweaking ours I wont be going big increases so will be interested to see what you suggest.

Comment

Working...
                                X