Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
    "outright ECU purchase with IMMO off plus their chip tune map with 120bhp/260Nm"

Yes on the above.

I bought it when I had standard injectors, it doesn't seem to run any differently now the injectors have been upgraded to Volvo .216
    Sent the Seller a message yesterday ... and no reply yet ... not even f'off, so there's hope... sort of!

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Cheers bud

I'm still in doubts whether the ecu mapping is the issue as I'm sure it'll be the same with the stock ecu again, but at the mo I'm open to any ideas as I don't want to be constantly messing with it anymore. I was wondering as it has the car airbox up near the wing whether it has an air flow shortage
      Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
        Cheers bud

I'm still in doubts whether the ecu mapping is the issue as I'm sure it'll be the same with the stock ecu again, but at the mo I'm open to any ideas as I don't want to be constantly messing with it anymore. I was wondering as it has the car airbox up near the wing whether it has an air flow shortage
        Understand. I've experienced similar situation - during my learning curve - whilst mapping. If the mapper looses the map shaping when increasing parameters the van can go into limp mode. You need to do a 3rd / 4th gear WOT run on level ground using VCDS on Channels 3,8 & 11 to see what's happening to the MAF, Fueling & MAP.

Comment

• Thank you dude

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            Understand. I've experienced similar situation - during my learning curve - whilst mapping. If the mapper looses the map shaping when increasing parameters the van can go into limp mode. You need to do a 3rd / 4th gear WOT run on level ground using VCDS on Channels 3,8 & 11 to see what's happening to the MAF, Fueling & MAP.

I was just about to suggest this.
            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
              I was just about to suggest this.
              Your wasted on this thread bud, how's the playlist? To your liking?

Comment

Not listened yet. Busy day.

Comment

Not listened yet. Busy day.
                  Have you gone to ground and still in hiding from the Spanish immigration?

Comment

I'm wasted most evenings and weekends too.

Comment

Have you gone to ground and still in hiding from the Spanish immigration?

No mate...brexit hasn't happened yet. Today I fixed my volvo, went to the skate park and then tossed the rest of the afternoon off trying to blow my R1 up on the back roads. Now Guy Martin's on tv. What more could you want?
                      I'm a playlist away from perfect.

Comment

No mate...brexit hasn't happened yet. Today I fixed my volvo, went to the skate park and then tossed the rest of the afternoon off trying to blow my R1 up on the back roads. Now Guy Martin's on tv. What more could you want?
                        I'm a playlist away from perfect.
                        You can’t have English tv and nice weather! That’s not fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Jonnybigballs85 View Post
                          You can’t have English tv and nice weather! That’s not fair.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                          Sorry. I'll cancel subscription

Comment

• The old MAF was causing over fuelling, that would drive the turbo harder and give more boost.

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Drivers pedal controls fuel, checked and limited by the torque (rpm/atm=fuel) & the smoke map (rpm/air=fuel). Running a standard map at full chat would of still been "controlled" or in limp mode. If the MAF sensor signal was low fuel would of been limited, if the signal high then fuel is still dictated by its map limits (1st - pedal, 2nd - torque & 3rd - smoke) if outside of this it would of thrown it into limp mode and limited everything.

The overboost is causing your not quite limp mode - need to pull that turbo and fix the wastegate, something aint right.
                            '
                            Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                            Overboost would of triggered limp mode, under boost would of triggered limp mode. So why no limp mode if it's running at full chat with no n75 control?

Boost leak before sensor, map sensor , ECU or software map? As Sausages stated earlier it's still going into limp mode with the new MAF, dropping from 15 to 6psi and limiting revs to 3k.

Ok....lets work with a theory....

The old map was reading 5% more air than was flowing, the new one reads 5% less

The limp mode isn't limp mode

The wastegate is broke

Driver request controls fuel but that is linked to air flow, the mafs could result in a 10% fuel difference - torque and smoke maps depend on what the maf 'believes' it is seeing - not actual right?

Neither ECU recorded and faults (esp overboost) so was it realy limping?

Is the boost map redundant as it drives the N75 or does it control Injected Quantity (IQ)*

Something is killing the fuel - I had my wastegate unplugged and had exactly the same effect - but a few seconds backing off and all was fine again, no faults recorded.

I only have a basic knowledge of the map structure - so apologies if all I've suggested is hatstand, but I know what a diesel engine need and how they work - at least until this silly electronic gubbins tries to ruin things. Take a nice simple machine and ruin it!

*I know you know what IQ is - but others reading may not

Oh and blue planet 2 followed by guy martin, it's like some sort of remedy after a weekend of 11 year old's birthday - I did sleepover duties sat night and family meal duties today - I need some cathode ray therapy and nothing delivers better than Attenborough - it's like virtual Valium.
                            Last edited by regcheeseman; 26 November 2017, 11:10 PM.

Comment

• "The limp mode isn't limp mode

The wastegate is broke"

I have plenty of boost until I go into 5th where at 3k the boost is vastly reduced, it doesn't return properly until the ignition is turned off and back on again. I don't know if it would cut the boost at 3k in other gears as I've never needed to hold it that wide open before, but that will be something for me to try.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                                Oh and blue planet 2 followed by guy martin, it's like some sort of remedy after a weekend of 11 year old's birthday - I did sleepover duties sat night and family meal duties today - I need some cathode ray therapy and nothing delivers better than Attenborough - it's like virtual Valium.
                                We had a similar weekend collecting memories!
                                Can't wait for driverless cars, (note not vans) would of been handy this weekend as I could of sent my son around the County with his mates to their Concert, Christmas Shopping, Bowling and Swimming and done something more productive. I used to enjoy it when we did it all as a family... he's 12 going on 17 and dads the taxi and human cash machine now, with a unique look that says - keep your distance until required! With the Mrs its a sh1t depth measurement and my son its a width measurement....
                                Love the Guy Martin programs, haven't caught up with Blue Planet 2 yet. Rasberry Pi added to Christmas list, looks small enough to be useful in the van!!

Comment

Working...
                                X