No announcement yet.

Swapping sausages - TDI conversion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only reason I went for what we did is because we had it all from the ahu donor, mine was the 1.9d so had no abl parts,
    Jebem ti nanu u trulu sisu

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Hmmm, I wonder why.... got more options with the K03, there's some cracking compressor wheel upgrades out there...

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s
      It was purely from a placement perspective, so I could do an engine raise, with the ahu turbo where it is, it's tight to the bulkhead and there is no room for movement. will need to reinforce my sump guard soon as when it is running properly again I'll be dropped and scraping pan...

Comment

• What do you suggest on k03 upgrades?

Comment

• Is K03 same as KKK? as I thought that was what the AHU ran?

Comment

• Reckon your vans got worms....with its ass scrapping the floor mate.You want to get it down the vets

Comment

• Take a pic for me when you've next got the hood up. Anyway we've got to sort your running problem out, cos something ain't right!

Comment

• Will do bud. Running problem is going to have to wait for a week or so as I'm so busy with work it's unreal

Comment

• Cheers for info guys , it's going over my head but thanks [emoji13][emoji106]🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by spedwing View Post
                    Cheers for info guys , it's going over my head but thanks [emoji13][emoji106]🤙

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
                    Course its not...

Comment

• Why would you fit an ABL turbo to anything but the bin?

As a turbo it reminds me of dave's cock i.e. just like a real one only much much smaller.

anyway.....

Had a think

The old MAF was causing over fuelling, that would drive the turbo harder and give more boost.

The overboost is causing your not quite limp mode - need to pull that turbo and fix the wastegate, something aint right.

I had a GTD K14 a few weeks ago that would have been ideal - literally gave it away

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        The old MAF was causing over fuelling, that would drive the turbo harder and give more boost.
                        Drivers pedal controls fuel, checked and limited by the torque (rpm/atm=fuel) & the smoke map (rpm/air=fuel). Running a standard map at full chat would of still been "controlled" or in limp mode. If the MAF sensor signal was low fuel would of been limited, if the signal high then fuel is still dictated by its map limits (1st - pedal, 2nd - torque & 3rd - smoke) if outside of this it would of thrown it into limp mode and limited everything.

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        The overboost is causing your not quite limp mode - need to pull that turbo and fix the wastegate, something aint right.
                        Overboost would of triggered limp mode, under boost would of triggered limp mode. So why no limp mode if it's running at full chat with no n75 control?

Boost leak before sensor, map sensor , ECU or software map? As Sausages stated earlier it's still going into limp mode with the new MAF, dropping from 15 to 6psi and limiting revs to 3k.

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        I had a GTD K14 a few weeks ago that would have been ideal - literally gave it away
                        Yes that would of been nice.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                          I'll send the mapper a msg via eBay, not sure how helpful he'll be though?
                          Send me the eBay link , eBay number of the ECU you purchased. I could make a general enquiry...

Comment

• Ebay number 322868883973 is the same as I purchased

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Sausages View Post
                              Ebay number 322868883973 is the same as I purchased
                              Did you choose the outright ECU purchase with IMMO off plus their chip tune map with 120bhp/260Nm? I think you've just upgraded your injectors or are they standard? When did you buy it, as you have 12 months warranty on the ECU. Sorry - just a little fact finding before making an enquiry.

Comment

• "outright ECU purchase with IMMO off plus their chip tune map with 120bhp/260Nm"

Yes on the above.

I bought it when I had standard injectors, it doesn't seem to run any differently now the injectors have been upgraded to Volvo .216

Comment

Working...
                                X