The San Fran Van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Some of these welders have weird configurations for the power settings, you might find that 2 min is in between 1 min and 1max
    I'll give it a try. Sure I've still got the instructions tae. I've tried every setting at some point. I've not just done the van/car since getting the welder. I've welded brackets on my mate Big Kevs container to hold a wooden wall plate for trusses. That was setting 2max. I've also welded additional spindles in a staircase handrail/banister to confirm with letting regulations. It's a handy tool.

Sent from my SM-J330FN using Just T4s

Comment

• Some more done over the weekend. Not as much as I would've liked. As the weather was braw first job was to tackle the sliding door rubber seal strip. As you can see, like the rest of my van it's rotten I got all the rot cut out and cleaned up and replacement metal put in for the seal strip to spot to. then I welded in the left hand side of the panel. Cleaned up pretty good. I gave everything a couple of coats of hydrate 80 and zinc primer. I didn't bother welding in the right side anymore than the actual seal bit. When I was cleaning the b pillar up I uncovered a previous shitty repair so I'm gonna order replacement panels for b pillar and drivers step. I know I'll need new wings. Mine is a 94 (I think) so I'll need weld on. I'll probably convert them to bolt on like Mike Skinner did. I like to use central panels but can't find their front wings. Anyone got a link?? Tonight I got finished work at a decent time so I made a repair piece for the floor. ignore the corner of the tub. It crumbled when I put the welder anywhere near it. Clearly didn't cut enough back. I was still fucking about with settings on the welder to. Whilst doing the bit around the tub I set the other side's underseal on fire. And inspired by Si. Grabbed a quick pic. stinking!! Also I'd previously asked either Fruitbat or Reg can't remember who, to recommend a weld through primer. They didn't have a recommendation so went with the bilt hamber version. I used it on the backside of the seal panel before I spotted it on. I also used it on the floor piece so I could see what happens. here's a close up.

And out of nowhere my phone just stopped working. I took a pic. Put it down on the step. Welded another bit then went back to phone and was dead. It lights up but has no screen?? Could I have fried it with the welder?? I mind when I started welding big keV said to always disconnect the battery. Could the same thing happened to the phone? It had a rubber case though? Anyways, new phone purchased after a late trip to Asda. And my telly bust on Friday Tae. Dear weekend!

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Last edited by fifet4; 31 May 2021, 10:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
        Some more done over the weekend. Not as much as I would've liked. As the weather was braw first job was to tackle the sliding door rubber seal strip. As you can see, like the rest of my van it's rotten I got all the rot cut out and cleaned up and replacement metal put in for the seal strip to spot to. then I welded in the left hand side of the panel. Cleaned up pretty good. I gave everything a couple of coats of hydrate 80 and zinc primer. I didn't bother welding in the right side anymore than the actual seal bit. When I was cleaning the b pillar up I uncovered a previous shitty repair so I'm gonna order replacement panels for b pillar and drivers step. I know I'll need new wings. Mine is a 94 (I think) so I'll need weld on. I'll probably convert them to bolt on like Mike Skinner did. I like to use central panels but can't find their front wings. Anyone got a link?? Tonight I got finished work at a decent time so I made a repair piece for the floor. ignore the corner of the tub. It crumbled when I put the welder anywhere near it. Clearly didn't cut enough back. I was still fucking about with settings on the welder to. Whilst doing the bit around the tub I set the other side's underseal on fire. And inspired by Si. Grabbed a quick pic. stinking!! Also I'd previously asked either Fruitbat or Reg can't remember who, to recommend a weld through primer. They didn't have a recommendation so went with the bilt hamber version. I used it on the backside of the seal panel before I spotted it on. I also used it on the floor piece so I could see what happens. here's a close up.

And out of nowhere my phone just stopped working. I took a pic. Put it down on the step. Welded another bit then went back to phone and was dead. It lights up but has no screen?? Could I have fried it with the welder?? I mind when I started welding big keV said to always disconnect the battery. Could the same thing happened to the phone? It had a rubber case though? Anyways, new phone purchased after a late trip to Asda. And my telly bust on Friday Tae. Dear weekend!

Ahhh it’s nice to actually see someone doing something.

Phone - hahahahaha - I’ll bear this in mind as I always throw mine up on the windscreen or the valance.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

• It's the only thing I could think it was

Comment

• Dont know how to do a link thingy but Central do do the wings Fife. Back on the old user name i see

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              Dont know how to do a link thingy but Central do do the wings Fife. Back on the old user name i see
              Thanks mate I'll keep looking for them. I thought it was weird I could find every other panel. Aye back on old profile. The very first 1 I think. Only 1 I could mind a password to

Comment

• Could also do with a link for a decent sliding door runner. top and bottom. Drivers side. Both sides need them actually

Last edited by fifet4; 1 June 2021, 11:16 AM.

Comment

• That sliding door repair looks good. They put shit loads of sealer around the floor to inner arches don't they. Like half an inch.

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Comment

• Cheers Marcus. Yea they go over the top with it. And I still found little rust patches under some of it.

Comment

• Found the passenger side wing but still can't find the drivers side.

Comment

• I’m not sure how they compare in price too central panels but have a look

https://www.brickwerks.co.uk/t4-part...ir-panels.html

Comment

• Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
                          Could also do with a link for a decent sliding door runner. top and bottom. Drivers side. Both sides need them actually

Think central do a righthand one. Go to their on line shop on fleabay and troll through what they do.

Comment

• Right slider from Central 64.99 plus 9.99 postage. Folk sell "homemade" lefts for 2 to 300 quid.

Comment

• Having looked at your posts again i take it you mean the rollers not the sill section. I got some generic cheapos from fleabay for S49 and 3 years later all still ok.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                                Having looked at your posts again i take it you mean the rollers not the sill section. I got some generic cheapos from fleabay for S49 and 3 years later all still ok.
                                I did mean rollers Si. Sorry. Sound, I like cheap and cheerful. I've trolled central panels eBay page top to bottom and still can't find drivers wing

Comment

Working...
                                X