No announcement yet.

T4 with a T4 plate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You need on of those plastic wind deflector things mate.They are on my list to.

Comment

• Aye it seems so.

Anyways, tidied up the trim on the sliding door step and tidied up a few other bits of insulation sticking out etc

Comment

• Most people put a spacer under the step and rest the step onto the flooring. (use a section of the flooring used)

Your mitres need tidying, it looks a bit 'diy'. If you used the step moulding as the threshold, it would have been just as quick to do (probably quicker) but would look so much better.

Comment

• not too late to do that now though
          Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
            not too late to do that now though
            Aren't the Caravelle side steps deeper to allow for the carpet and reduce the need for the spacer?

Comment

• Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
              not too late to do that now though
              Apart from the screw holes now butchered through the step moulding

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              Aren't the Caravelle side steps deeper to allow for the carpet and reduce the need for the spacer?
              Depends on what flooring you use - most people have an off-cut nearly the right size to use as a spacer when they make the cut out for the step

Comment

• I made some black nylon spacers for my step

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                  it looks a bit 'diy'
                  Have you not seen my van before!

It’s a fair point though. It does already have screw holes through the moulding unfortunately from the plywood (that came with the van).

I’d like to pretend that was the reason but in truth I didn’t think of it haha

Comment

• Towbar fitting today

Comment

• How come you ripped the bed out?

Towbar bike racks are ace, so convenient - you might need a different plate though.

Comment

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                        How come you ripped the bed out?

Towbar bike racks are ace, so convenient - you might need a different plate though.
                        Just to get easier access to the drivers side rear light for the wiring. I have the old plates off the van to go on it but just had it fitted to test the electrics really

Comment

• Originally posted by tenburner View Post

Just to get easier access to the drivers side rear light for the wiring. I have the old plates off the van to go on it but just had it fitted to test the electrics really
                          Might seem a silly question but can you still get into the rear doors?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Can you still use the rear doors when fitted?

Comment

• Originally posted by chally69 View Post
                              Can you still use the rear doors when fitted?

Not with a bike fitted, most will hinge down allowing you to open the doors a bit with a bike on.

but....two seconds and the rack just lifts off.

They are not bolted in place but have a lever action clamp that attaches to the towball - I was sceptical it would stay in place during the constant pounding of a long drive.

I used mine up and back to santa pod with three bikes on board - no problems

Comment

• No unfortunately you can’t get the doors open with the rack on. The racks do usually tip down to allow a normal car tailgate to open but it’s not enough for the barn doors. It is easy to get the rack off though as reg already said.

Comment

Working...
                                X