Another money pit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by spedwing View Post
    That’s a pretty car dude !! Like it a lot , you could get a coil over kit then take it down in stages to what suits ya
    That's the plan. Do you know which one is the best to go for? Cost isn't important, I just want the highest quality.
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
      You have to be careful over there with modifications Francos mates still run the mots
      Tell me about it.

Suspension can be done relatively easily. There are rules involved about minimum bumper heights and how high the fog lights are off the floor etc. Of course, you still need a project drawing up by a vehicle architect but the suspension providers have these ready for each model (for an extra fee, of course).

Let's see how much it ends up costing but I will be doing it so......
      ​​​​​​

Comment

Originally posted by ARMSTRONG 1987 View Post
        Very smart that pal I'd love a GTI one day

Sent from my SM-G781B using Just T4s
        Thanks.
        If you want one get in there now.
        The prices are only going one way, hence why I got something now.
        Don't wait too long.

Comment

I was looking at 1 not so long ago and I'd seen a lovely mk1 aswell but the waf wouldn't drive it as a daily car as the bmw we had has gone 2 a better place so found her a nice audi A3 sline to shut her up I wasn't happy she was
          Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post

Thanks.
          If you want one get in there now.
          The prices are only going one way, hence why I got something now.
          Don't wait too long.

Comment

Originally posted by ARMSTRONG 1987 View Post
            I was looking at 1 not so long ago and I'd seen a lovely mk1 aswell but the waf wouldn't drive it as a daily car as the bmw we had has gone 2 a better place so found her a nice audi A3 sline to shut her up I wasn't happy she was

Mrs FA isn't over the moon about this purchase either. She sees it as a treat for me, an early Christmas present to myself if you like. "It will never get used..... think of the parking costs....insurance etc etc"
            She even went as far as to ask why couldn't she have something of similar value.

I had to mansplain to concept of inflation to her, and how if we left the cash under the bed it would be worth less every day.
            That went down well, as you can imagine.

I did suggest if she could come with something that would go up in value, guaranteed, then she could have it.
            I'm still waiting.......

Comment

That's the plan. Do you know which one is the best to go for? Cost isn't important, I just want the highest quality.
              Have a look on e bay dude , loads of different kits …. Can’t really recommend any

Comment

Why not buy a set of TüV Registered German sold coilovers? With the documentation it might be a cheaper route to register the upgrade locally.

Comment

Originally posted by spedwing View Post

Have a look on e bay dude , loads of different kits …. Can’t really recommend any
                  Thanks, but it is knowing which are shit and which aren't.
                  For motorbikes it's easy, Ohlins or White Power depending on the type of bike.
                  For cars, I haven't a clue.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                    Why not buy a set of TüV Registered German sold coilovers? With the documentation it might be a cheaper route to register the upgrade locally.
                    There are loads with half the paperwork done for here, so just a case of doing the other parts.
                    Problem remains, what is the go to brand that is guaranteed quality?
                    Bilstein? Jom? ????

Comment

There are loads with half the paperwork done for here, so just a case of doing the other parts.
                      Problem remains, what is the go to brand that is guaranteed quality?
                      Bilstein? Jom? ????
                      I'd use the car first and get a feel for what's required, good and bad. What's fitted currently? Matched shocks and springs?

If money's no object go Bilstein for ease.
                      VAG forums might offer a fuller range and choice but you're then relying on someone's - often unskilled - interpretation of the results.

You could try VW Motorsport, for advice and supply. There used to be catalogues online for Competition Users that could offer some guidance.

Comment

It's currently on standard set up which was new in 2019. It was previously lowered but without homologation but the itv Nazis failed it up here (the previous people in Almeria turned a blind eye to it).

Comment

I'm going to go Bilstein and have done with it.
                          Like you say, use it for a bit first, thanks for the advice.

Comment

Cracking looking car! Love a mk2.

Mine was on Bilsteins, cant remember what flavour but it handled well and rode well.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
                              Cracking looking car! Love a mk2.

Mine was on Bilsteins, cant remember what flavour but it handled well and rode well.
                              Thanks.
                              I can't wait to get my hands on it.
                              They guy borrowing it is collecting his new car from Denmark the second week in January so that's a two week delay to what was agreed but it gives me more time to sort a parking space out and get Christmas out of the way.

Comment

Working...
                              X