Another money pit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Another money pit.

At the request of Simon (and who wants to say no to him now he does martial arts?) I have to post a few pics of my latest money pit.

Between Adolfo, this acquisition and the wife I am struggling to see who is the highest maintenance but time will tell.

​​​​​​
    Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20230528-WA0004.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	140.8 KB
ID:	359466Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231004-WA0004.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	359467Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231004-WA0010.jpg
Views:	103
Size:	157.8 KB
ID:	359468

This was it a few years back. It was lowered then and is back to standard height. I would like to lower it again so does anybody know how much it was lowered by and what is the best possible kit to buy to achieve this same effect?
    Attached Files

Comment

The back story then.

It belonged to a friend. He didn't use it much as he works in Saudi and has other vehicles.
      He just bought an M3 competition (550 bhp) so this is a bit of a spare part.

He lent it to another friend whose bar had to close during the lock down quarantine and he has had it since then.

I've spent around a year trying to buy it and he has given in. Deal has been done. So the other chap has until the end of the year to find alternative transport.

Comment

It has just been away for a little paint correction as all four corners of the bumpers were cracked from the standard of parking here. The wing also had a dent. Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20230705_170401.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	665.2 KB
ID:	359472 ​​​​​​

This is the sort of thing.
        Bumpers are parking sensors here.

Comment

However, it is now looking perfect again.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231004-WA0006.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	177.0 KB
ID:	359474Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231004-WA0008.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	137.9 KB
ID:	359475Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231004-WA0007.jpg
Size:	157.6 KB
ID:	359476Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG-20231004-WA0005.jpg
Size:	172.7 KB
ID:	359477

All fresh and ready for somebody to plough into it in Carrefour a carpark.
          Can't wait.

Comment

It's just had four new tyres and a few other bits done by the guy who is using it as he is a very decent chap and wants to return it in the same condition as when he borrowed it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20230921-WA0003.jpg Views:	0 Size:	102.8 KB ID:	359479Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20230921-WA0002.jpg Views:	0 Size:	338.1 KB ID:	359480Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG-20230921-WA0001.jpg Views:	0 Size:	137.6 KB ID:	359481

Since it just passed it's inspection a month back it should be mechanically sound now.

I need to have some repair work carried out on the Recaro seats as they are tired and I need an unmolested parcel shelf as it has the obligatory 6x9s installed, good luck to me finding one of those.

A few other tickles and a little refurb of the wheels and it should be about perfect.

Comment

Can't wait for it's arrival so I can go do some handbrake turns and wheel spins in McDonald's carpark late at night.

Comment

As I say, if anybody knows anything about how low it was before etc please let me know.
                Thanks

Comment

Lovely buy - still got the Volvo?

Comment

I like that, I think the five door gti is very under rated.

Comment

Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                      Lovely buy - still got the Volvo?
                      Thanks

No, he went around 4 years ago when I got a company car (little van). Seemed silly having a car sat around never getting used.
                      This one is more of an investment really. Better than money sat under the mattress going down in value every day.

Do miss that Volvo, cracking car really.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                        I like that, I think the five door gti is very under rated.
                        I would have chosen a 3 door if it was available but this fell into my lap and the condition is amazing to say it's 35 years old. Plus, buying off a mate means there is no risk it's stolen or has a fucked engine etc.

Comment

That’s a pretty car dude !! Like it a lot , you could get a coil over kit then take it down in stages to what suits ya

Comment

You have to be careful over there with modifications Francos mates still run the mots

Comment

Very smart that pal I'd love a GTI one day

Sent from my SM-G781B using Just T4s

Comment

Working...
                              X