Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi my name is Sennen! Nice to meet you all!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi my name is Sennen! Nice to meet you all!

I've never named a vehicle before but apparently it's essential so our van is now called Sennen after one of our favourite beaches. Scarlett (my better half) has started an instagram feed for the build so if you want pretty pictures, give this feed a follow @sennen_a_van_project.
    If it's alright with your friendly selves, I will stick to here to quiz all your wonderful wisdom! And hopefully give some back in the coming months! The photos might be less pretty but hopefully it'll keep your grey matter piqued!

Welcome back to Instagram. Sign in to check out what your friends, family & interests have been capturing & sharing around the world.

I'm going to upload some photos once I get over my technical hitches!

Comment

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

Looks like you have two grilles, one badgeless and one standard, you also seem to have two dash crash pads.

Comment

Hi. Nice van. Loving the colour.

Comment

I too love the colour, although I had to re-read the vans name twice.
            Keep the badgeless grille, they look a lot better without the logo.
            Keep the updates coming, build tgreads are great for other people but a useful tool for you in 5 years time to look back on.
            Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

Hello and welcome
              Love the colour!!

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Comment

Another thumbs up for the colour - has a retro flavour to it. Can see this looking sweet dropped on some smoothies colour matched to your roof and some half moons.

Comment

Originally posted by arfur fox-acre View Post
                  I too love the colour, although I had to re-read the vans name twice.
                  Keep the badgeless grille, they look a lot better without the logo.
                  Keep the updates coming, build tgreads are great for other people but a useful tool for you in 5 years time to look back on.
                  Hahaha, I can’t wait to tell the missus that

Comment

Originally posted by No Sliders View Post
                    Another thumbs up for the colour - has a retro flavour to it. Can see this looking sweet dropped on some smoothies colour matched to your roof and some half moons.
                    Yeah looking to change the wheels to something colour coordinated. Maybe some banded steelies with some cream hubs for that 60s feel

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                      Looks like you have two grilles, one badgeless and one standard, you also seem to have two dash crash pads.
                      Yup, I’m amongst all the parts there are doubles of some. Got some spare door cards too. But all are of dubious condition sadly. Has anyone had any success repainting the dashes? I’d quite like to move away from the original grey to tie in with the exterior a bit more…

Comment

I painted my door cards, just flat black. The dash would benefit from the same treatment but I'm too stoaty to get it back out as it only went in in November. I'll get back there.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
                          I painted my door cards, just flat black. The dash would benefit from the same treatment but I'm too stoaty to get it back out as it only went in in November. I'll get back there.
                          Yeah, I’m putting stuff in now that I know will have to come back out again soon. Just need to figure out what I’m missing first!

What paint did you use for it? Do you know if they do different colours?

Comment

There's lots of plastic and trim paint out there all colours. I just used some Joton primer less black I had in the gun for a work related job. Activ said it would be no good but we'll see. I'd advise putting more effort into it than I did but I'm just trying to get it motable incase I have to move it a bit quick.

Comment

Würth Plastic Dye, black or dark grey would get my vote. Clean, easy to apply or reapply without stripping the dash out.

Others have used liquid shoe polishes to stain the plastics, Autoglym do a spray dye and as Si states, taking your time building up the colour change on clean surfaces will deliver the best enduring results.

Mates have plastikoted or painted and they look great until the surfaces get scratched or marked. It then stands out like a sore thumb and stares at you irritatingly!

Comment

Working...
                              X