2.5 Engine rebuild

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That’s f@cking genius.!!!

Ok, so I read it 4 times and spent 15 mins trying to see the marks, but now I get it.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
      Reg.

I’ve just found this post. It’s spot on. I’m planning the same kind of rebuild with an engine I got from Tommy. I’ve never done anything like it before, so this thread is really helpful. I learn by doing and seeing things in the flesh. I can read a Haynes manual but it never really makes any sense. I’m just stripping the engine at the moment and now starting to understand what stuff is. Eg. Hydraulic lifters, valve stem seals, a ‘lobe’ on a camshaft.... and I saw an oil pick up pipe for the first time about 2 weeks ago.. oooohhhhh....It was soooo exciting. Yep, I know it’s pathetic, and I do mock myself, but I’m like a pig in poo. Having the time of my life, just slowly wrecking a perfectly good engine. I’m sure Tommy is just be rolling his eyes right now.

Thanks again for the pics and for taking the time to post this up.

frenchy.
      Post it up then, we can probably add pointers or tips as you progress...useful things like....

Dont frape the crank pulley up to eleventy thousand Nm and then remember the metal guard that goes behind it.

When you grind the head off the bolt to get it out to fit the metal guard then you realise that it didnt need to come out because the guard fits over the bolt head and now you have to remove the damper pulley to fit a new bolt.

Comment

Hahaha no not rolling eyes at all. We all started somewhere when it came to tinkering. I haven’t progressed much though…..

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

Incidentally...

This was a 88 brake AJT engine - the pump had 11mm head as standard.
          I also have an 102 brake ACV sat next to it and rebuilt the pump at the same time - exactly the same except the 102 has been hammer modded by Bosch from new.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
            Incidentally...

This was a 88 brake AJT engine - the pump had 11mm head as standard.
            I also have an 102 brake ACV sat next to it and rebuilt the pump at the same time - exactly the same except the 102 has been hammer modded by Bosch from new.
            So does that make doing the hammer mod a potential 14 brake gain?

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

Originally posted by fifet4 View Post
              So does that make doing the hammer mod a potential 14 brake gain?

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s
              Potentially yes, probably a lot more. It'll idle high/rough though. And definitely not what I was suggesting.

Comment

Working...
              X