Alice? Who the f.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Marbles View Post

That's something I though was the case, but was not sure.

I do find warming her up is a challenge.
    With sluggish performance when cold.

Turn the internal heater on and before long she's cold again. (I should point out that she recently had a full service)

Thank god the diesel heater is installed now (being electrialy connected today) I won't need the internal heating as much.

they fitted it under the drivers seat as someone on here suggested in another post.
    Righto - your timing is out - sort that first.

Your thermostat has a problem, because the heater doesn't make it cold again

EGR doesn't warm up combustion temps - compression does that, besides, putting oxygen rather than smoke into a cold engine would make it burn better.

Comment

Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post

Righto - your timing is out - sort that first.

Your thermostat has a problem, because the heater doesn't make it cold again
      I'll probably ask the garage to swap the thermostat out for new. Although I'd love to do some stuff myself I just don't have the time (I have seen the email, thank you, haven't actually had a chance to read it cos I'm always milking the overtime)

I would like to know the correct tick over speed, its probably in that email, so I'll take a look.

I think it's around 1100 when settled and warm.

I know I keep saying thanks, and I do again...

Thank you. I ask so much mostly because reliability is a critical factor with how I use the van. All of these things are going on as I actually use the van as my home to save money. Pretty sure I couldn't pay for the work on Alice to get her shipshape and warm. (first night of warmth tonite as heater is now operational, yes it's been fucking cold) And much thanks to Colebrooke transporters for working around me (they really have been amazing) right now I also have a shit load of gear to fit to her in the van also (elec win/alarm/cen lock/battery all to be installed.) so life is pretty crazy.

Comment

So another development with Alice...

​​​​​​It turns out she had an issue with her throttle cable.
        A common problem with the turbo I'm told. Something to do with the cable being crushed where it passes the firewall. The end result being you can never get full throttle, and the more you press, the more it counters your pressing.

Now with the cable replaced with the none turbo version I'm told it won't suffer from this problem.

She really does drive like a new van. All of a sudden she has some life in her. Now she sounds right and goes right (with a dodgy synchro - meh)

Comment

That'll be that spring loaded section in it.

Comment

Working...
          X