No announcement yet.

Franks build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Small update. Been tackling what I think is the terrible design flaw with the front wings. Noticed through the vent in the front wing I had a small rainforest growing behind it. Off come the front of the van and wings. Thankfully no big rust holes!

Cleaned up:

Tomorrow they will be cleaned up, any surface rust sanded/ground back and a few coats of anti rust primer applied before going back together

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Comment

^^^^
      This was a few weeks back I took the wings off but only now getting round to the priming and figured I would add it to the build thread

Comment

More surface rust fixing/further rust prevention. The lower side door slider/gutter. Had some surface rust and lots of crap in there. All cleaned out, ground down, Kurust on the surface rust and a flash with some anti rust primer.....jobs a goodun!

Comment

So a few updates with Franks. No.1....passed its MOT with an advisory for front disks and a tire close to limit. No issues as had a set of tires ready to go on and changed the disks and pads straight after.

No.2.....as mentioned had a set of tires waiting to go on. Went for Maxxis Wormdrive All Terrain tires 215/75/15. For these to fit i've had the van lifted. HD springs and 38mm spacers on the rear and the front torsion bars wound up! She's looking good now:

No.3....i've built a custom sofa/slideout bed for the van which is now waiting to go in. Bed is 2m long and around 4'6 wide with an extra seat at the end. All tops lift up for storage access too:

No.4.....finished off sound deadening, foam insulation and stuck a bunch of plastic insulation everywhere. This is pretty much ready for a vapour barrier and then cladding :]

Comment

Jobs done this weekend:

Ply floor down and lino glued down:

Wheels were looking a bit shite so just gave them a ghetto driveway update with satin black and look 1000000x better:

Comment

The wheels look great, the floor too.
              Thanks for sharing
              Me cago en la madre que te pariĆ³!

Comment

Working...
              X