No announcement yet.

Flash Gordon is alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So yours IS working as wired and per the diagram.

Love the description that's used for the AC compressor..... a super charger with a magnetic clutch ..... did you read that TP!

Is this any use?
    https://1-t4--wiki-de.translate.goog...er_Klimaanlage
    Last edited by Activ8; 16 May 2023, 01:27 PM.

Comment

• Cheers Rob, I've scoured that air con part of the German wiki. Really useful. But it does look like it is working correctly.

I just find it utterly shit if the AC was designed to work only on blower stage 1, where barely any air comes out of the vents?! That seems insane haha.

I'll keep looking to see if I've missed something. But if that is the proper design, then I'll crimp some jumpers from each of the van blower stages to the AC switch, so it works on all blower speeds.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Just T4s

Comment

• I'm sure my manual AC (2001) works with all three speeds, so I'm assuming it's wired the same as yours ((post 1999) but then again I've not used it (the van) for so long I can't say I know for sure.

Comment

• That's prempted me saying the air con or the van.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
            That's prempted me saying the air con or the van.
            Definately both Si.
            If I get the right price I'm moving it on .....

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              So yours IS working as wired and per the diagram.

Love the description that's used for the AC compressor..... a super charger with a magnetic clutch ..... did you read that TP!

Is this any use?
              https://1-t4--wiki-de.translate.goog...er_Klimaanlage
              A supercharger that saps power like a supercharger does but gives you non back and then only supplies you with a wisp of air not indifferent to an asthmatic pensioner blowing at you with a McDonald’s straw?

Sounds legit to me. Where do I sign?

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
              #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbungla View Post
                Cheers Rob, I've scoured that air con part of the German wiki. Really useful. But it does look like it is working correctly.

I just find it utterly shit if the AC was designed to work only on blower stage 1, where barely any air comes out of the vents?! That seems insane haha.

I'll keep looking to see if I've missed something. But if that is the proper design, then I'll crimp some jumpers from each of the van blower stages to the AC switch, so it works on all blower speeds.

So like the ABL under the bonnet the AC is either off or slow?

#vanlife

Comment

• Wonder if you could swap the compressor for an intake supercharger?

Comment

• Hahaha. Maybe the engine isn't powerful enough to turn the compressor properly? Maybe if I switch the AC on while cruising the motorway I'll just crawl to a stop.

Comment

• Well they do draw 4-8hp to work.

Comment

Hahaha. Maybe the engine isn't powerful enough to turn the compressor properly? Maybe if I switch the AC on while cruising the motorway I'll just crawl to a stop.

But you’d be as cool as a cucumber and you could chat to all the air cooled owners on the hard shoulder.

#vanlife

Comment

Hahaha. Maybe the engine isn't powerful enough to turn the compressor properly? Maybe if I switch the AC on while cruising the motorway I'll just crawl to a stop.

But you’d be as cool as a cucumber and you could chat to all the air cooled owners on the hard shoulder.

You might even be unlucky enough to see Fritz there too as he doesn’t bother doing his wheel nuts up or carry any kit in his van to put the wheels back on when they fall off.

Just make sure you offer him a coffee for fucks sake. You could boil the kettle on your rocker cover as the engine overheats trying to turn the AC compressor.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

But make sure you offer him a coffee for fucks sake. You could boil the kettle on your rocker cover as the engine overheats trying to turn the AC compressor.

yeah ffs make him a coffee

Comment

• Haha! I've not made coffee on the engine before, but I've defrosted frozen burgers before!

Comment

• I've figured out the problem!

My stage 1 blower resistor has gone open circuit. Which means the voltage to turn the AC on can't get back through from the other blower stages.

Didn't think it seemed right to only have AC on the lame stage 1 blower setting.

Comment

Working...
                                X