Flash Gordon is alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
    Back on topic i've done 3 windowscreen surrounds which were quite rusty but havent seen one holed as yet.
    Good to know. So you just repainted and then bonded the screen in?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Just T4s

Comment

• Thats it. The white one got a grey roof, the blue one already had a black roof and the Doka went grey all over.

Comment

• Glad to hear all is well bud, how's the new life as a dad treating you? Family all well?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbungla View Post
          I'll at least have a look at the matrix.

Did you take the yellow pill?

Comment

• Yeah life's all good Rob! Can't believe it but next week I'll have a 1 year old. Mental how quickly it's gone.

Yeah Jim, yellow is clearly the best coloured pill!

Comment

• Got some goodies to start sorting out the windscreen surround this weekend!

Comment

• What's the middle bottle bud?

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Hydrate 80.

Last edited by Activ8; 9 March 2022, 11:56 PM.

Comment

• I thought so too but doesn't seem to say it on the bottle.

Sent from my Nokia 2.4 using Just T4s

Comment

• Yep, hydrate 80. Brilliant stuff! Windscreen treated nicely. Next stage, high build primer, flat down, then I'm attempting my pearl 2k followed by clear coat. Shitting myself if I'm honest.

Also trying to rig up an electric mirror set up for the van. Has anyone got leccy mirrors on their van? Seems like they're pretty rare?

I've got the heated elements working, just can't get the electric adjustment to work. Followed the electric diagram for the post 98 vans, but something isn't quite right. Any ideas anyone?

Comment

• J, try this 1999 onwards circuit diagram.
                        Last edited by Activ8; 14 March 2022, 06:45 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
                          J, try this 1999 onwards circuit diagram.
                          Cheers bud! Awesome.

Turns out the problem was the switch though. Going to get another one and try again!

Comment

• I've been busy!

Got the new windscreen fitting booked in for Friday, so this weekend gone was my chance to get the new paint on. Only done the front area as I really don't have time to consider the full respray right now.

Got the high build on, 2 coats, sanded down between, leveled out most of the pock marks left by the rust.

Then got the epoxy mastic on, the 1.4mm nozzle on my gun struggled a bit with the heavy solids in the paint, but laid down a good coat none the less. Flatted down again once dry.

Then I started crapping myself because I realised the next stage was the pearl base coat, followed by 2 coats of clear. Never done that before! But man, I'm chuffed with the results.

Photos don't do it justice. But when I can get the van out of the garage and into the sun I'll try to get some better pictures!

This just makes me want to pull the respray forward! But, still got some arch and body work to do before that's a reality.

Comment

• Lovely job J, which epoxy mastic branding have you gone for?

Comment

• What paint you using? Be careful not many paint sprayers live to be old even with all the proper ppe.

Comment

Working...
                                X