Flash Gordon is alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nice1 J.

Takes about 5 hours driving to cook a pre-packed Indian!

Comment

• Wahey! Replaced the blower resistor (pain in the arse dash out job on an AC model), and shortened the compressor clutch collar by 4mm, and now the AC works on all blower settings and the compressor clutch engages and disengages on demand with the button.

I say "works". I mean "worked" FFS.

Day before yesterday I had crisp cool air coming through the vents, on a hot day!

But today, no cool air, compressor is getting hot (Argh) and the compressor clutch is sticking on once the compressor is hot.

I'm not fucking about now. Getting a proper mobile AC engineer to come and have a look. To see what I've done wrong. Only things I can think of are:

1 - the system is still undercharged (I ran out of refrigerant).

2 - The refrigerant I bought was shite (was a more environmentally friendly version)

3 - the pea sized drop of oil I lost out of the compressor was enough to mean it's now underoiled.

4 - the mounting frame I have is slightly warping the compressor body. Reading the manual shows that this is a legit concern.

5 - the compressor was faulty originally. Which someone has said is possible as the clutch should never have had a standoff of 10mm.

Urgh. So close yet so far.

But in better news, made good progress finalising the pop top install, fitting the new Vanmoose awning rail, and properly fitting the new sliding rail bed.

Sent from my SM-N986B using Just T4s

Comment

• Nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

• It bloody works again now haha.

I think it is just undercharged. So bought some more R134a and will top it up to the right amount, which suspends the oil in the system and should make it run more reliably.

Comment

• The van is looking great J.
            Are they TT seats?

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
              The van is looking great J.
              Are they TT seats?
              The headrests sway me to thinking they’re Swedish of some sort but now I’m intrigued.

#vanlife

Comment

• They are Volvo seats! In really bad nick haha. The leather has split in so many places, and has been sewn together by my good wife a few times. It's on my list of non essential jobs to get new front seats.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbungla View Post
                  They are Volvo seats! In really bad nick haha. The leather has split in so many places, and has been sewn together by my good wife a few times. It's on my list of non essential jobs to get new front seats.

They’ll be as comfy as fuck though.

#vanlife

Comment

• Pretty comfy yeah, I just wish they were a little bit lower. On my "non essential" list of things to do

Comment

• Originally posted by Jumbungla View Post
                      Pretty comfy yeah, I just wish they were a little bit lower. On my "non essential" list of things to do

I’ve got that with the drivers seat in the camper but I’m reluctant to cut and lower it. It would send it forward a touch with the slant of the seat against the units behind it and between that and the height I’m a bit worried it’ll be too close to the pedals and not be as great a driving position for my dodgy pensioners hip.

When I added a swivel to the passengers that lifts it an inch so I cut 2 inches out of it by cutting and re welding the base. It sits lovely now.

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                      X