No announcement yet.

Flash Gordon is alive!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some of that has been tacked in then covered for the mot.Seam sealer, filler so outfits don't give a feck as long as they get payed. One of the reasons after 20 odd years with Volvo I only stayed 3 at a little family run outfit.

Comment

• As long as the crank pulley can "run" on the seal lip it should be ok.I used to put them in slightly further in on the Volvo 240's as they used to get a slight groove where the original seal had run.

Comment

• Cheers Stan, haha. No, I'm just a bloke who bought a welder, an angle grinder and gave it a go. Thanks though :laugh:

Cheers guys! I'll keep em coming.

Thanks Si, yeah that makes sense, it seems like someone just did the bear minimum to get it covered and through the mot.

Hmmm I don't think it will "run" on the seal - the metal lip on the crank cover would stop the pulley ever getting to the seal. I don't think I've understood what you mean?

Sent from my SM-N950F using Just T4s

Comment

• Nice fix on the jack point - to do list !

Comment

• Second look i'm talking out my ass the lip of the seal runs on the crank so you should be ok. The old Volvo had a slightly different set up so ignore my earlier rambling. You must be pleased with how its going.I was thinking of the chain driven Volvo 340 where the pulley centre runs on the seal rather than on the crank
            Last edited by S49; 30 May 2020, 07:28 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
              Second look i'm talking out my ass the lip of the seal runs on the crank so you should be ok. The old Volvo had a slightly different set up so ignore my earlier rambling. You must be pleased with how its going.I was thinking of the chain driven Volvo 340 where the pulley centre runs on the seal rather than on the crank
              Haha, phew. Cheers though.

Yeah pretty pleased. Really want to stop this oil leak though, before I put the belly pan on. That would just be hiding and ignoring the problem haha.

Comment

• Had a really fun, exciting, satisfying afternoon on the van. Makes a change!

Put the new shiny recon injectors in, from Reg, cheers!

Cleaned up the injector ports, shiny.

Injectors in, went in lovely.

Brand new leak off pipes.

Pre-primed the pump as per Reg's advice. Old bottle of pump hand soap made it an easy job.

New pump fitted, shiny new LDA

Set the throttle up, first time, it looks pretty good. At throttle up the throttle stop just touches the pump body. At foot loosely to the floor it just touches the max throttle stop. Set 2mm indexed as per Reg's guide.

So it looks like I've got maximum travel on the pump with the foot pedal.

I'm sure I'll still have to tweak it when I get it started, but I feel like i'm in a good position to start from.

Tomorrow.... Cam belt on, time it all up, prime the pump and fuel lines.

Maybe even start it! Excited.

Comment

• Simply great work fella.

Comment

• Fantastic! Looks amazing! Good luck tmrw!

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Another great day on the van.

Couple of coats of electrox on derusted areas in the engine bay.

Cambelt on - went much better than my last belt change.

Went on perfect, tensioner was easy, Reg's tip of taking up the slop on the fuel pump worked a treat.

All timing marks aligned perfectly and it turns over lovely by hand.

Think I figured out where my oil leak was coming from! Turns out I was meant to have some rubber grommets under the rocker cover bolts.

New set on and everything back on.

Just waiting for the new lower belt cover to turn up from Cali Campers.

Next job is painting the new bumper metal and getting that on, then I can put the rad back. Then that'll be the whole front end done! Bout 50kg of new metal gone in haha.

Comment

• Looking good mate, pleased for you.

Comment

• Simpleh, simpleh, loveleh

Sent from a muppet
                          #vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                            Simpleh, simpleh, loveleh

Sent from a muppet
                            I'll be seeing you