No announcement yet.

Rosy the Red wReck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks to clean that, more fuel required ...

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Looks to clean that, more fuel required ...
      Agreed

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
        #vanlife

Comment

• Nice 1 Tommy.

Great pics. I'm off to South Wales next week. Not sure mines got the same poke as yours...I don't really like my 2.4 5 pot. I've always tried to convinced myself I do, but in reality it just doesn't sound balanced to me. And as for power...well a 2.4 even with a turbo is still pretty shite.

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
            Nice 1 Tommy.

Great pics. I'm off to South Wales next week. Not sure mines got the same poke as yours...I don't really like my 2.4 5 pot. I've always tried to convinced myself I do, but in reality it just doesn't sound balanced to me. And as for power...well a 2.4 even with a turbo is still pretty shite.
            Oh now that’s controversial…. But accurate.

I don’t know what it is about the 2.4’s but I know from plenty of experience that even when you turbo them, they don’t get any faster and acceleration is barely any better but the turbo helps with torque and getting up hills massively. Of course you can make them a bit wilder but when you consider a well sorted ABL with just a couple tweaks and no real hardware changes can go like a trooper, it just seems odd.

To be fair, I dunno how well tuned yours is as I’ve never been in it.

I like the 5 pots to be fair but you can just as easily extract the same power and more out of the 1.9 4 pots and they’re more economical. Not to mention they’re much easier to work on. I prefer the 1.9’s on reflection. ABL, AAZ etc or mTdi.

Have you done the timing belt yet? If not, pop it to mine and we’ll do it then see what the tune is like and hopefully pep it up.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post

Oh now that’s controversial…. But accurate.

I don’t know what it is about the 2.4’s but I know from plenty of experience that even when you turbo them, they don’t get any faster and acceleration is barely any better but the turbo helps with torque and getting up hills massively. Of course you can make them a bit wilder but when you consider a well sorted ABL with just a couple tweaks and no real hardware changes can go like a trooper, it just seems odd.

To be fair, I dunno how well tuned yours is as I’ve never been in it.

I like the 5 pots to be fair but you can just as easily extract the same power and more out of the 1.9 4 pots and they’re more economical. Not to mention they’re much easier to work on. I prefer the 1.9’s on reflection. ABL, AAZ etc or mTdi.

Have you done the timing belt yet? If not, pop it to mine and we’ll do it then see what the tune is like and hopefully pep it up.

Had a result with the timing belt. Asked old man Pete (my local chap, who grunts and groans a lot but knows his shit) to take a look and he replied, 'But I've already done it'. Says he did it about 3 years back, and being that it s only done about 15k miles since, it's still good. Might get the timing on the pump checked though. That'll need a tweak me thinks..!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by frenchdna View Post

Had a result with the timing belt. Asked old man Pete (my local chap, who grunts and groans a lot but knows his shit) to take a look and he replied, 'But I've already done it'. Says he did it about 3 years back, and being that it s only done about 15k miles since, it's still good. Might get the timing on the pump checked though. That'll need a tweak me thinks..!!!
                Well the DTI kits here for that. The one we bought together and I’ve had ever since. Let me know and I’ll pop over one night and we’ll check the pump timing. It’s only fair given you’ve never seen the kit you paid half for. Really I’ll just bring you some cash. That’s even fairer and we’ll check/sort the timing too.

#vanlife

Comment

• Also, was it you that had my old side exit exhaust off my old 2.4td-saster?

I reckon we could check the fuel and tweak it a tad too. Been ages since I’ve seen your van.

#vanlife

Comment

• Back to the trip away. Popped into what’s now my favourite beach:

Black rock beach. I’ve been here, Brean and Borth and this is easily the best drive on beach I’ve been too.

Pics don’t do it justice but the sun was out and scorching all day. I can only usually manage about an hour or so on a beach before getting bored and wanting to leave but we were there for 5 hours. Being fairly flat like Brean, the water is shallow for eons and with the sun the water was warm until up to your knees and still decent up to your waist. Bob on. Kids on the bodyboards for hours and the dogs raced about like twats as per their usual default setting.

And would you believe, no lowered vans in sight…..

#vanlife

Comment

• Great pictures, you could of let the kids raid the cutlery drawers for a couple of large spoons, a pan or two to replicate Potty Towers in Leicesterstan ..... oh hold on a mo they did do a copy! ;-)>

PS, thought your belly was below your knees - were you lifting it up as they dragged you back into the sea?

Poor kids , seeing a great white paddling in the shallows!

Comment

Also, was it you that had my old side exit exhaust off my old 2.4td-saster?

I reckon we could check the fuel and tweak it a tad too. Been ages since I’ve seen your van.

Yep. Twas your side exit, and it's still on the van. Did you see it repainted?

Comment

Well the DTI kits here for that. The one we bought together and I’ve had ever since. Let me know and I’ll pop over one night and we’ll check the pump timing. It’s only fair given you’ve never seen the kit you paid half for. Really I’ll just bring you some cash. That’s even fairer and we’ll check/sort the timing too.

ha, ha...don't be daft. As long as it's getting good use that's all that matters. I did turn the fuelling up a bit when I put the turbo on...but reckon the timings slightly out as it doesn't always like to start. Gives off a bit of white smoke occasionally on start up, so I reckon timing is the issue? No need to make a special journey, but you always welcome. Just let me know and I'll make sure I'm around with a slice of pizza. ha.

Comment

• Dont know about lowered van but there seemed to be far fewer T4s on the ground this weekend.Perhaps as there classic status grows folk are leaving them on the drive?

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                              Dont know about lowered van but there seemed to be far fewer T4s on the ground this weekend.Perhaps as there classic status grows folk are leaving them on the drive?
                              More likely spending their bank holiday weekend fixing the dam things

Comment

• No, the 20 granders dont know how to fix em.

Comment

Working...
                                X