Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Blindfaith 2.Yet Another Winter Project.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Then i'll just have to mount a whaling harpoon gun or an MG42 on the flatbed and i'll be really for the wasteland after next years post covid society meltdown. I just know I shouldn't have watched MadMax last night.

Comment

• Yep. Don't take much for people to turn into animals

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post

Not to hand, I may settle for the desert storm colour which is a tad darker than the WW2 colour,mind I could grab a 5 litre tin when the shows start again.
        You'll be having your own "Team" Si ? Theres got to be a comical lean on "Desert Storm".

Comment

• Or "Team DesertS"?

Comment

• Or " the si team"

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

• No progress this weekend. Been entertaining a young lady while her mum took part in what I could only describe as a block party last night.Either i'm getting old or the music's getting louder.All awful drum and bass apart from a bit of rest bite with Nickelback, Mol likes em, not a big fan me but sounded like heaven compared to the rest of the stuff these young uns were playing. Nodded off at 3. The nipper never budged. Need to get back to work for a rest.

Comment

• Not wanting to disturb the folk in the holiday cottage or blow the electrics again i'm going to get it mobile so I can trundle it down to the bottom yard to do the work. Need some brakes first. I've a complete set of hose but just fitted the front nearside and the missing calliper to get some brakes on the front. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3821.JPG
Views:	199
Size:	679.5 KB
ID:	307528Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3825.JPG
Views:	204
Size:	677.3 KB
ID:	307529

Comment

• That's the rear brakes done then. In the week i'll get a gallon can sorted to run it off as I don't want the tank in yet. Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN3824.JPG
Views:	198
Size:	624.6 KB
ID:	307531

Comment

• Got a gallon can rigged up and the filter full, the thing turns over but sluggishly. Earth cables all fine, positive connection on the starter very corroded. So much so when trying to undo the fucker broke off looking on the bay of flea it appears to be the same starter across the board, if so i'll drop S49's on to prove a point and get running.,. Should have one in a box of parts I've yet to collect off a forum member in North Wales.

Comment

• Doing well Si keep the faith mate

Sent from my SM-G981B using Just T4s

Comment

• Noticed there was a starter rebuild 'how to' on the Rusky VW site that Reg posted up earlier this week.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Last edited by Activ8; 15 August 2020, 10:03 PM.

Comment

• Don't think i'll bother putting a solenoid on it I suspect its the windings making it slow????????????????????
                          Last edited by S49; 14 August 2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Can you not put a hole in the wing and have a cranking handle?

Comment

• Theres no wings on it mate. I'd have to join some sort of iron pumping gym to get strong enough to start it on a handle.
                              Last edited by S49; 14 August 2020, 08:28 PM.

Comment

• Man of your stature si I am sure you could do it single handed

Comment

Working...
                                X