No announcement yet.

No plan for this white van

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It'll be a Volvo 740 sort of pump,they mounted them under the car by the tank in a cradle with the filter on rubber mounts. Only noisy when low on fuel.

Comment

Did you have to put anything on the plastic bumper before you raptor painted it? Thinking of doing mine to freshen them up a bit.
      http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

Originally posted by campermark71 View Post
        Did you have to put anything on the plastic bumper before you raptor painted it? Thinking of doing mine to freshen them up a bit.
        I just sanded them back. Primer, scotch, panel wipe then raptor I think they do show it on there Facebook page. I tried to roller it at first but the foam roller fell to bits so my brother used the Shultz gun and kinked the air line to give a better texture. Might be worth getting a air regulator for a better texture as you would be able to adjust it.

Comment

When you start poke around....

Abit more than I first thought but I would rather be doing it now while I have the time too. Also going to do the outer too where the rust has started to come back
          Last edited by Daryl Cope; 28 April 2020, 05:30 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Daryl Cope View Post

I just sanded them back. Primer, scotch, panel wipe then raptor I think they do show it on there Facebook page. I tried to roller it at first but the foam roller fell to bits so my brother used the Shultz gun and kinked the air line to give a better texture. Might be worth getting a air regulator for a better texture as you would be able to adjust it.
            Ok Thanks, I may have a go at it soon.
            http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-uk/597794.png

Comment

Looks like this is going to be a good build thread.

Just added to my subscription list, as I to want to one day put a 1.8t in mine.

Thanks for the updates and pics, and thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by frenchdna View Post
                Looks like this is going to be a good build thread.

Just added to my subscription list, as I to want to one day put a 1.8t in mine.

Thanks for the updates and pics, and thanks for sharing.
                Cheers mate i dont blame you wanting to put one in its been good fun. Looking forward to running it up hopefully Sunday fingers crossed as ive managed to stone chip where the fuel tank goes and fitted the petrol fuel tank.

Comment

I got the ecu back plugged it in and she started happy days drove it down the road and back up again warms ok. Next time i go to van would not start just turns over could not believe it. Pulled the clocks out checked fuses all ok then it re started. Very weird anyway it did it a few times could not work it out. Spoke to my loom guy over the phone checking voltages etc everything was checking ok. Very lucky someone local to me is doing this conversion had a AGU ecu. Plugged in and it fires every time. Ordered a ecu just waiting for it to turn up now. Gonna send my ecu back to vagtronics to have it checked but i got a funny feeling there gonna tell me its dead.

Comment

Nice 1. Happy days. Glad you got it running.

Comment

I got my ecu, clocks, and key put it all in and it fired so i went for local drive all good and took the van home. Drove it for a few days while there was no rain as it still needs the welding doing. Only issue speedo not working and o/s/r wheel bearing starting to get noisy. Apart from ecu issue im well chuffed so much more responsive and nippy for a van. Now its back home i need to crack on with some other important jobs. Main one was the fuse board wiring my god what a mess old alarm that wasn't working i removed also central locking retro fit wiring removed. Now its not a birds nest and the plugs are a lot easier for access. Brought myself a fire extinguisher too after seeing a photo of someones pride and joy going up in smoke. Something i hope never happens

While the dash is out its gonna get some paint. It will be standard colour ish Also need to make a start on the welding and get that done along with the wheel bearing

Comment

Working...
                      X