Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No plan for this white van

I thought i better put this in the right section

I do love a build thread i did get loads of ideas from other peoples projects past and present.

Anyway always wanted a t4 for a long time. Did not have alot of money at the time and i brought a blue t4 lwb or shed as the missus called it

i was busy welding it up as it did have alot of holes spotted a mint side door 30miles down the road went down with my bro to pick it. Took the door off put it in the van while having a chat with owner who was breaking it asked how come your breaking etc while having a look around it. Turns out she was soild with very little rust so went back and picked it up a few weeks later.

June 2018

No engine half the dash missing etc. 2.4 from the blue one dropped in and a few brake lines mot dec 2018

brought a few parts and few freebies from fellow members helping me out massively loved driving the van but the body work was poor condition. My brother spoke to his boss and the van was booked in for a April bank holiday 2019

Painted candy white bumpers done in raptor paint

Last edited by Activ8; 24 April 2020, 06:36 PM.

Don't want to sound dull but whats raptor paint? Looks like it would hind all the bumps and scraps on ours as i'm too tight to get new bumper covers.

Comment

Have you lots of pics of the 1.8t conversion? I's assembling the bits to do ours with the AEB motor.

Comment

When i got it back i had some 5" falkner springs Shanes Scarface Lowriders plates and short drop links. Gave some vito steels a rattle can over

When the van was in the paint shop id told them one day i would like to put a 1.8t in there after seeing a few others and the guide on here. Couple of months later my brother rings me theirs a car up here come have a look. Goes up after work as they do have some nice motors up getting work done. Turns out to be a mk4 golf 20v got accident damage roof slightly creased boot does not open customer has got another car mine if i wanted it. Done took it for a drive around runs and pulls nice

Few weeks later its in the shed on a stand winter project for 2019. Replaced a few gaskets and seals left the cambelt as it had one done at vw before i pulled the engine out. painted the block,

Modded the pick up pipe and moved the power steering pump up using chopped audi a4 bracket

took the van off the road feb 2020 pulled the old 2.4

Mocked up for the engine mount and made one up and got it welded in

Had my looms sent off which ive just recived back. Engine is in and i knocked up an exhaust.

Just need some more free time to crack on and get the rest of the jobs done as there is loads to do.

Last edited by Activ8; 24 April 2020, 06:52 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by S49 View Post
          Don't want to sound dull but whats raptor paint? Looks like it would hind all the bumps and scraps on ours as i'm too tight to get new bumper covers.
          Basically its like bed-liner very durable. covers very well. i only did the one coat took most scrapes out.

Yeah ive got a few pictures will be uploading abit more later on. Drop me a message if you get stuck and i will try my best to help

Comment

Thanks Daryl. Its bolts straight in as it shares the ABL/2 litre petrol block. Got a sump and oil pick up. With the spare T4 fuse box,ignition switch i'm planning on running it on a stand to get it going first.Dont want to spend ages with the van off the road.Just got to sort the wiring and immobilizer emulator then it should be broom broom.

Comment

Thanks Daryl. Its bolts straight in as it shares the ABL/2 litre petrol block. Got a sump and oil pick up. With the spare T4 fuse box,ignition switch i'm planning on running it on a stand to get it going first.Dont want to spend ages with the van off the road.Just got to sort the wiring and immobilizer emulator then it should be broom broom.
              oh right brilliant i did not know this. Sounds like a good build this. When do you plan on building it up?

Comment

Hope to be in and done by the end of the summer.Its my daily so I need it on the road.Only working 2 days a week at the moment so hoping to get on with the wiring over the next few weeks.I got the wifes 2 litre petrol to finish as well but we aren't going far anytime soon.

Comment

Hope to be in and done by the end of the summer.Its my daily so I need it on the road.Only working 2 days a week at the moment so hoping to get on with the wiring over the next few weeks.I got the wifes 2 litre petrol to finish as well but we aren't going far anytime soon.
                  Wow nice one will not be long then. Yeah crazy times at the minute another van to do mate that will keep you busy

Comment

Hi can't see any pics:-(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s

Comment

I can see em Andreas but i'm on the ole laptop.

Comment

Ive been cracking on with the bit of free time ive had...

Turbo drain pipe from an Actros that ive modded

Also gave a hand to get some seats fitted in my mums van

Extended the alternator wiring so it can be cable tied back neatly

Just put a order in with buzzweld going to raptor my inner wings and replace an out rigger on the o/s. I was pleased that the inner wings are not too bad.

Not long till i can start it up just waiting to swap a fuel tank over cant wait

Comment

I'm going to use an external fuel pump, may be mounted where the fuel filter is behind the tank on the petrol T4's so I can leave the tank sender and wiring well alone.It has a feed and return so the tank will just want draining and we should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Hans View Post
                            Hi can't see any pics:-(

Sent from my SM-G930F using Just T4s
                            Working from my laptop and phone

Comment

I'm going to use an external fuel pump, may be mounted where the fuel filter is behind the tank on the petrol T4's so I can leave the tank sender and wiring well alone.It has a feed and return so the tank will just want draining and we should be fine.
                              Yeah that should work some external pumps can be noisy but I think you can get something like a sleeve to dampen the noise if it's too loud. I only went with standard because my brother has went from a petrol to diesel and he is happy to swap.

Comment

Working...
                              X