No announcement yet.

Operation Blind Faith, A Winter Project

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's all coming together well now Si, Molly will have a good motor when its done

Sent from my vernee_M5 using Tapatalk

Comment

• Hope so, got a mate going to paint the panels. Got a wing the right colour but its not A1. I'd only buy panels now if taking off myself as you cant tell much from a picture but you live and learn. I can see it being built up and going for mot as a blue and grey van just to se the testers face. Who to be fair is a top bloke so will see the funny side. Just need headlights and bumpers now.

Comment

• Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0652.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	96.2 KB
ID:	265483Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0653.jpg
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	265484Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0654.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	93.9 KB
ID:	265485 Not the right colour but who will see under the sound deadening and all the other gubbings. Found a bigger problem tonight of the three offside engine mounting bracket bolts two are broken off the block. An old injury by the looks so that took the shine of a lovely autumn evening in the shire. Theres a threaded hole further down the block so making a plate to go on the engine mounting bracket to connect to it and then weld a part onto the plate to triangulate it to the driveshaft extension bracket holes further across the block and all should be good. Photos to follow.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
          [ATTACH=CONFIG]10198[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10199[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]10200[/ATTACH] Not the right colour but who will see under the sound deadening and all the other gubbings. Found a bigger problem tonight of the three offside engine mounting bracket bolts two are broken off the block. An old injury by the looks so that took the shine of a lovely autumn evening in the shire. Theres a threaded hole further down the block so making a plate to go on the engine mounting bracket to connect to it and then weld a part onto the plate to triangulate it to the driveshaft extension bracket holes further across the block and all should be good. Photos to follow.
          What a pain in the ass! Fair play for not losing heart. Van is really coming on mate

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s

Comment

• Cheers, half way thro making the engine mount repair bracket just not photo'd till I know it'll work. Willing to do a load of fabricating rather than a new block,

Comment

Cheers, half way thro making the engine mount repair bracket just not photo'd till I know it'll work. Willing to do a load of fabricating rather than a new block,
              Proud of you bud, your d'Mary Poppins of d'forum bud... "a bottle full of Westons makes the negatives go down, the negatives go dowwwn.... etc. in the most delightful way!" Cheers mate.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Just T4s

Comment

• Spot on Si.

Comment

• The finish on the inner wings are down to "rattle can" Molly. Was going to put a cambelt kit on it tonight before fitting the front cross member/headlight panel. That's how I spotted the missing mounting bolts. Was hoping to have posted pics of the rad fitted and smoke coming out the exhaust by hey ho. Worse things happen at sea.

Comment

• As you can see the blocks got a part broken off half way across 2 of the engine mount bracket threads Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0659.jpg
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	265504 So I made this Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0657.jpg
Size:	98.2 KB
ID:	265505 To fit to that Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0658.jpg
Size:	98.1 KB
ID:	265506 So now we can keep the sump off the tarmac Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0660.jpg
Size:	95.5 KB
ID:	265507

Comment

• Happy days mate, good job [emoji106]

Sell my T4 !!! I'd rather stick wasps up my butt.

Comment

• And there's threaded holes across the block if I feel the need to beef up further. But the way I've done it at least its held by two bolts now instead of one and hey presto the engines level now. Must be a few about like that.

Comment

And there's threaded holes across the block if I feel the need to beef up further. But the way I've done it at least its held by two bolts now instead of one and hey presto the engines level now. Must be a few about like that.
                          It's always nice to salvage something that would otherwise end up binned, I bet loads have broken like that and have been swapped out for a new block !!!

Comment

• The extras are mounting up slowly so I didn't want to add the price of a cylinder block to it. Got a section to put in the sliding door channel and going to do both sills under the front doors. But its all good.
                            Last edited by S49; 30 August 2018, 08:17 PM.

Comment

The extra are mounting up slowly so I didn't want to add the price of a cylinder block to it. Got a section to put in the sliding door channel and going to do both sills under the front doors. But its all good.
                              At least you know your getting a sound old bus at the end of it all mate, hopefully it'll last you years after everything you've done on it, keep them pics coming Si, great build thread [emoji106]

Comment

• Cheers Aaron will do.

Comment

Working...
                                X