Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shite TP, your fag packet builders assumptions must trump the original manufacturers engineered designs? Top trumping, yeh thats about the level and quality of your assessment.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      Shite TP, your fag packet builders assumptions must trump the original manufacturers engineered designs? Top trumping, yeh thats about the level and quality of your assessment.
      I know what works on the open road and what won’t be any better lol.

2 identical vans but one with 280mm solids and one with 313mm vented but both with ABS, which stops faster? Same stopping power. I only see the advantage of vented for towing or any other factors that may induce fade which would then leave the solids wanting. Difference between the 300’s and 313’s? Fuck all. Just bragging rights and scene points.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• That said, bigger brakes look better through the alloys. That’s enough for most I suspect.

#vanlife

Comment

• The physics state otherwise TP.
          Both use the same master cylinder so 25.4mm. So its down to the friction created and heat generated and then dissipated.

280mm = 54mm piston over a smaller pad surface area.
          313mm = 57mm piston over a more significant and magnificient surface area .

Your pencil's behind your ear if you want to jot it down?

Last edited by Activ8; 2 October 2021, 02:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
            The physics state otherwise TP.
            Both use the same master cylinder so 25mm/25.7mm? So its down to the friction created and heat generated and then dissipated.

280mm = 54mm piston over a smaller pad surface area.
            313mm = 57mm piston over a more significant and magnificient surface area .

Your pencil's behind your ear if you want to jot it down?
            Okay enough, I’ll PM you PMSL

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
              Okay enough, I’ll PM you PMSL

Get a room, you two. Ffs.
              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• I am glad i got 3 gears now. Last time there where only 2.
                We getting their...

Sent from my Redmi Note 8 Pro using Just T4s

Comment

• Drizzling all day here so cracked on with the turbo plumbing. Bought a couple of metres of AN6 and AN10 stainless hose to make up the oil lines, fittings and tubing for the water lines.

Huge extended and lightened 84mm tipped compressor wheel.....

Comment

• Anyone got a diagram of the coolant flow directions for an AJT 2.5TDI?
                    For the turbo coolant Im thinking of T'ing off from the long oil cooler feed(?) at the back and returning into the the short oil cooler hose that enters(?) the block?

Last edited by Activ8; 3 October 2021, 02:03 PM.

Comment

• Answering my own questions, thought I'd post it as its pretty useful info and relevant to 99% of forum users with ABL, AJT,ACV's withouth Climatronic Aircon systems.
                      Thanks to Wiki for the image clarity and explanations.
                      Thermostat Closed
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	VW_T4_CoolantflowDiagram_ClosedThermoStat_upto75KW_woClimatronic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.6 KB ID:	332105
                      Full Coolant Circuits with Thermostat Open
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	VW_T4_CoolantflowDiagram_OpenThermoStat_upto75KW_woClimatronic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.1 KB ID:	332106
                      [B]Oil Cooler Circuit{/B] (and another area I might address with a seperate in series front mounted oil cooler)
                      Click image for larger version  Name:	VW_T4_CoolantflowDiagram_ThroughOilCooler_upto75KW_woClimatronic.jpg Views:	0 Size:	65.8 KB ID:	332107

So as a first test I'm going to route the post oil cooler water feed to the turbo and return it to the circuit without T'ing into line, I'll fit a water temp sender post turbo to additionally monitor the temps produced by the turbo cooling. If the circuit proves to "hot" I'll T'off the post cooler route and seperate a circuit with its own ignition off after run coolant pump wired into the existing system. The auxilliary pump reverses the water flow.

Ignition off, Coolant flow with Auxilliary Pump On
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	VW_T4_CoolantflowDiagram_OpenThermoStatAuxPump_upto75KW_woClimatronic.jpg
Views:	350
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	332108
                      Last edited by Activ8; 5 October 2021, 08:55 AM.

Comment

• Got the turbo oil return line made up from the dip stick tube but didn't have the correct sized copper gasket washers. Left the turbo connection end - its a screw fixing with thread adaptors - until I can get it seated on the manifold , theres not a lot of space so routing it through the manifold may be necessary.

Comment

• The new front 313mm calipers making their "peek" debut through the 19" Lorinsers! Hardly worth the effort!

New wheels to fit though...... but its another job ticked off the endless list!!

Last edited by Activ8; 4 October 2021, 05:30 PM.

Comment

• Just trial fitting (on Beast) the turbo using the AXG / AHY manifold and it only fits without the actuator as its seated further back and lower into the down pipe tunnel. The compressor housing will foul the bulkhead on acceleration too. So its either back to an oem manifold or find / make an angled adaptor for the T25 manifold face to lift it up,forward and away from the bulkhead/DP tunnel. Need to find the right inlet manifold too.

Comment

• Cant Kev knock you something up? Ask him for a price.....he is sat on his arse doing nowt at the minute.
                              Me cago en la madre que te parió!

Comment

• Copper washer set arrived this afternoon to make good the turbos' oil and water lines. 15 sizes 10x of each M5 through to M22 £12.
                                Along with a new tyre & air compressor £12. Quick test on the Irish LWB and clean TT.
                                Last edited by Activ8; 7 October 2021, 04:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X