Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It can only move 0.0 volts to 5.0 volts TP.
    Rewriting the QA map across that range is easy enough.

Comment

• Originally posted by Activ8 View Post
      It can only move 0.0 volts to 5.0 volts TP.
      Rewriting the QA map across that range is easy enough.
      But what does it move too for a standard or tuned van? I guess it doesn’t need to go from min to max or you wouldn’t be able to map for more power etc.

Will it only use say 0v-3.5v as an example? What have you seen when you’ve mapped?

It’s exactly the same principle as the manual pumps. The hammer mod it used to knock the pump back on the slotted holes in the lid but that will then mechanically limit the maximum that the spill collar can move too even at 5v. Same as changing the position on a manual pump using the max fuel screw.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• The range is identical , its only the nozzle size that changes. A larger nozzle will simply flow more fuel at the same voltage and spill collar position.

Last edited by Activ8; 19 July 2021, 10:12 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

Deffo a hammer mod in-coming , it will nearly be as fast as my Fruitbat tuned van
          Lets hope so Kev.

Comment

• popcorn on standby, next to the hammer of humility.

Comment

• No no no Reg - no popcorn limiter. Just a simple question .... I wondered of the three Thors (I'm roping TP in too) has either of you tried to map the QA to iron out the idling issues before taking a hammer to it?

Comment

No no no Reg - no popcorn limiter. Just a simple question .... I wondered of the three Thors (I'm roping TP in too) has either of you tried to map the QA to iron out the idling issues before taking a hammer to it?
                Three Thor’s , 3 wise men

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post

Three Thor’s , 3 wise men
                  Blimey I missed the "a" , it should of read Thoras - apologies ladies, sorry Dames! ;-)

Is that a no from Kev.... you turned straight to the hammer?

Comment

• I think Reg and Kev both tried but with no luck so had to do the hammer mod.

There’s bound to be some reference to it from Bosch somewhere as the lid is mounted through slotted holes!! What more evidence to it being a necessity do you need????????

Myself? No, a flat head screwdriver and 2 minutes from opening the bonnet does the same thing for me.

A new T4 mate (aaahhhhh T4 friend) has had to do it a few times including the other day with me there to get one to run right following a lid seal replacement. Went back slightly too far in the upper limit and VCDS/QA couldn’t correct it as - HEY PRESTO - it was at its mechanical limit and therefore needed moving. You don’t even need to do it with a hammer as I imagine you can just move it by hand with the bolts released. Light taps with a small hammer though would be more precise so that how I imagine it got its name.

Last edited by TommyP; 19 July 2021, 11:06 PM.
                    #vanlife

Comment

• I could explain all this much better when I next pop over or you come here if you’ve got a pump opened up. I’ve always got pumps opened up.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                        I think Reg and Kev both tried but with no luck so had to do the hammer mod.
                        That was the VCDS Adaption TP, thats not the same as rewriting the QA map bud.

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                        There’s bound to be some reference to it from Bosch somewhere as the lid is mounted through slotted holes!! What more evidence to it being a necessity do you need????????
                        Absolutely, its all part of the specific IP setup.

Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                        A new T4 mate (aaahhhhh T4 friend) has had to do it a few times including the other day with me there to get one to run right following a lid seal replacement. Went back slightly too far in the upper limit and VCDS/QA couldn’t correct it as - HEY PRESTO - it was at its mechanical limit and therefore needed moving. You don’t even need to do it with a hammer as I imagine you can just move it by hand with the bolts released. Light taps with a small hammer though would be more precise so that how I imagine it got its name.
                        Glad you've found a T4 friend TP.
                        We'll talk when we next meet up,
                        I'll draw you a diagram or present it on a spreadsheet.

Last edited by Activ8; 20 July 2021, 08:03 AM.

Comment

The range is identical , its only the nozzle size that changes. A larger nozzle will simply flow more fuel at the same voltage and spill collar position.

K24 is a big turbo they were on the p2 Volvo v70/s60r’s, cracking unit from my experience with them.
                          This hammer mod, I have been reading up on it since it was mentioned on my thread. Sounds rough but having looked at mine surely they must have slotted holes for that reason…

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post

This hammer mod, I have been reading up on it since it was mentioned on my thread. Sounds rough but having looked at mine surely they must have slotted holes for that reason…
                            The hammer mod is a delicate operation .

Comment

That was the VCDS Adaption TP, thats not the same as rewriting the QA map bud.

Absolutely, its all part of the specific IP setup.

But what’s the use in even getting the laptop out of you’re at the mechanical minimum or the QA? Of course you’ll need to try it first but that when you e changed the parameters of how the pump was set thus needing to move the lid to allow for less fuel after fitting bigger nozzles.

This all just seems daft to my archaic mind when the mechanical pump does the same thing more reliably, with less hassle and without the need for a degree in computer sciences and conscience software. Not to mention more research time and trial and error than my 5 pot mtdi took even with 4+ pump builds.

Just rip out the edc15 and rebuild that Audi pump with Tdi internals.

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by Biff View Post

K24 is a big turbo they were on the p2 Volvo v70/s60r’s, cracking unit from my experience with them.
                                I want a K24 if anyone has one going. I absolutely don’t need to but I want to do a K16/24 hybrid.

#vanlife

Comment

Working...
                                X