Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T4 : Battle Across Time (2010 to present)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by regcheeseman View Post
    Shiiit! Actual content.

You gonna fit them to anything? Good bargain though, I'd buy some if I needed any but by the time you need them there is no possible way you are getting the old ones off.
    Their for Justin

Comment

• I never bother with these myself but that is a cracking deal.

Sent from my iPhone using Just T4s
      #vanlife

Comment

• I arrived back home this morning to a delivery.
        A 2007 Volvo S60 retracting SatNav , frame and dashboard speaker.
        Unfortuantely the pigtails for the connection sockets weren't included albeit pictured and promised, but for the £10 auction bid inclusive P&P I'm not too fussed. The idea is to install an onboard computer and heads up display. Raspberry Pi's are USB 5v.

A little research online tells me that the screen is a 6.5 inch low-resolution TFT screen (400x234), not the best but good enough for Volvo drivers! It has composite and RGB inputs for video, plus a pseudo-serial communication link for connectivity.
        Two exterior sockets connect the Volvos system into it. The 5 pin blue socket looks like power, two 12v inputs and two grounds, the grey 10 pin I'm guessing is all the comms. You must send data via this comms port to switch on display, which raises the screen from the dash then switch between RGB (which is the default) to composite video input. The display controls eg brightness etc will be controlled via this serial link. My Raspberry Pi 3B's have HDMI, so the display needs to be converted down or switched to composite input or I dump the Volvo/Mitsubushi SatNav for another standalone 7" HDMI device or add a laptop or Pi Screen to the Pi replacing the SatNav. The covers stripped down easily so could be reused to house the Pi / Screen plus the mechanism, fixings would easily carry other device types - Smartphone, Android, Apple iPhone etc perhaps... Hmmmm.

Pics...
        Last edited by Activ8; 28 May 2021, 11:44 AM.

Comment

• Update on the Bilt Hamber Electrox, 2 coats and 2 years later its still as good as the day it was sprayed on. Really impressive stuff. Arches next.

Comment

• 2yrs and you still haven’t put any red paint on .

Comment

• It’s good stuff isn’t it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fruitbat View Post
                2yrs and you still haven’t put any red paint on .
                Theres still enough red left on it already.

Comment

• I'd ditch that rust trap, i mean mudflap.

Comment

• Originally posted by S49 View Post
                    I'd ditch that rust trap, .... .
                    Steady on Si , its one of the family!

Comment

• Started to work my way in from the garage door and sort some shite out.

Found and collated my exhaust manifolds and the upgraded Greddy Nissan R35 T517z turbo, the T88 Kinugawa actuator kit and some other parts to start the trial install and fit. Thanks to Kev for the studs and my buddies at Derby Race Engineering for putting together a manifold extension.

For scale I've sat the ABLs' compressor wheel and housing on top in the 3rd picture.

Comment

• Wow...that’s a big one.

Comment

• That’s fucking massive. Are you using it in a compound setup? Surely not as a single in a 2.5 Tdi? What Rev line are you hoping for? 7k? So you have at least a bit of time to play when it starts spooling at 6.5k?

#vanlife

Comment

• Hahaha .... nope, single turbo (although I've got the other turbo in standard form here to.) A Skyline pushes two on petrol but diesels are far more energy dense but the R35 will just rev a little further....

Its been plotted and graphed and its easily within the engines oem rev range. The new pump and injectors will extend this further. The 0.8A/R housing might be a tad too big, but I can't be too choosey can I? ;-)

Even at low boost, 6psi, it shifts some air & will handle the massive 8 hole injectors no problem. The max it will safely boost to is 27psi.

Comment

• How would you get that to run properly? What range of travel does the QA typically travel on a tuned tdi? Just wondering how you’ll get it low enough not to smoke like fuck at idle and run like shit but still provide fuel and get the right mixture for that size turbo at full chat?

I can see you becoming a hammer mod convert…..

#vanlife

Comment

• Originally posted by TommyP View Post
                                How would you get that to run properly? What range of travel does the QA typically travel on a tuned tdi? Just wondering how you’ll get it low enough not to smoke like fuck at idle and run like shit but still provide fuel and get the right mixture for that size turbo at full chat?

I can see you becoming a hammer mod convert…..

Deffo a hammer mod in-coming , it will nearly be as fast as my Fruitbat tuned van

Comment

Working...
                                X